View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
chocolatethunder
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Some appreciation for Jeremy Lin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're being a bit hard on him. The hate is largely the backlash every player gets when they get some notoriety. If even Michael Jordan has haters, how could Lin be immune? You're also exaggerating the praise he got in some areas. There are always outliers but very few called his court vision "elite." The reality is that he can score and if he keeps that ppg over 15 off the bench that would qualify him as a good player.
I should have clarified. I was referring to the way this board exploded with people lauding him here. It was ridiculous and plenty of people were calling him elite and said he had elite court vision. I wasn't referring to Espn or media, just the overreacting kids here who also thought Brandon Jennings was amazing when he scored 50 or who thought MCW would be rookie of the year after his first game. I stand by my assertion that Lin is an average player and that his numbers just go up when he jacks just like Mike James. There are plenty of player who can do that when given free reign to shoot. He doesn't play well unless he has the ball in his hands for the majority of time that he's on the floor and take the majorit of the shots. I'm not bashing him, I'm just being realistic. I'm a Sixer fan but I'm also realistic about MCW and Evan Turner. Almost every player can have a good stretch of games. You prove yourself by playing well over time. Lin hasn't done that yet. He had a great bunch of games in NY and then played very average last year. He was bad to average in the preseason. Now, after 10 games he's played very well. The season is 82 games plus the playoffs so if he indeed average 18pts for the year and actually helps his team win games, then I'll change my opinion. That's all I'm saying.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote