View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: If Jordan didn't play for Wizards, he would be career 50% shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Slower pace results in more set defenses, which means its far harder to score. This is fact. No other way around it.

Once again you are wrong about shooting percentages. They were far higher in the 90's and 80's compared to now. Reason why? More complicated, and set defenses today compared to back then.

Its incredible that people on here try to pass off their bullshit views as fact when we have the facts readily available to us on the internet.
The facts are, players shoot worse today, score less, and the game is far slower? Why? Because of better, more organized defenses. No other way around it. The game is constantly getting better.

I'm not talking about 80s and 90s bro I'm talking about '70s. As I mentioned in the very post you quoted. Entirely different from 80s & 90s. My contention is that defense has completely changed (for the worse) due primarily to the 3 point line.

Last edited by La Frescobaldi : 11-18-2013 at 10:54 PM.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote