View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #51
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is considered somewhat coolaj1987 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere?

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it
You must not really be a Miami fan, if you think the Heat or Riley are going to offer "6-8 mil" to Wade. When he's playing, he's still a 20/5/5 player. Joel Anthony is making $4M this season. Wade is worth a LOT more than that.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote