Thread: pinball?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: pinball?

i guess i wasn't around when this was posted. pinball used to be one of my biggest hobbies.

a few years back when i was living in a house, me and a buddy went to TNT (just above philly) and bought three broken electromechanicals. i was able to get 2/3 of them working, mainly by fixing contacts on the relays. a job requiring patience, tunes and beer.

i found it pretty amazing that fairly complex logic and 'programs' could run on what were essentially spools of wire with leaf switches sticking out. (pic)

the prettiest, most interesting machine was definitely atlantis, made by gottlieb in 1975. the criss-cross gate system on the right was pretty unique and ahead of its time IMO.

gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote