View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #49
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Official Toronto Blue Jays Discussion 2013

I suppose this is worth discussing. Roy Halladay has retired from MLB as a member of the Blue Jays (signing a 1-day contract). Injuries the last couple of year really did him in. I remember reading an article a couple of years ago (by Peter Gammons I believe), and he was saying how Doc could be the most likeliest pitcher to hit 300 wins next. He did mention that it would be extremely difficult and that injuries could be a factor. Hats off to Doc!

I think the next question is, will he get to the HOF? It's tough. What makes baseball HOF great is that no very good players make it. It's only elite players that do and you have to be elite for a long time. Longevity matters. I think Halladay was well on his way (until the injuries last couple of years), and I still think there's a good chance he makes it, but the road is much tougher now.