View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #189
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
IT's THE PLAYOFFS not REGULAR SEASON you do know there is a distinct difference between level of play and quality of teams. Like I said ANYONE HERE would feel good of a front court of Martin, Melo, Copeland, and some Solomon thats good for you. Find any other legit person on this forum to support your notion and I'll back off it.

I know what Melo injuries was... Water in the knee you get a needle drain it keep it moving. A strain in the shoulder you can manage that. But the guy didnt play any different before or after those injuries.

Saying Chandler only had the flu is crazy.

Melo plays like crap in the playoffs and its everyone else fault? So the highest paid player on the team who is suppose to be "THE MAN" is injured plays terrible giving the team no chance to win. Chandler plays injured after damn near 2 months off and its all his fault. Or its everyone else fault that Melo isnt as great as all of you believe.

This is where we disagree at. MELO IS NOT GREAT OR ELITE. He is not good enough to carry a team. He isnt what some of you are making him out to be. Franchize keeps rambling about him being a top 5 SF. That really means nothing in the grand scheme of things when only a couple of teams are built around or has developed a franchise type player at that position. I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?

The bottom line is the guy isnt that great so this team needs a significant upgrade in talent in every position. I am not saying trade Melo but he isnt a Max guy in any capacity so I rather him walk than give a pseudo star all that money and he cant lead this team to anything.

When CP3 was in NO you can see how he carried and lead team. It didnt translate to W's because the players around him were not that good. It was clear his leadership and abilities but the roster around him was too terrible to get W's. LBJ same way. Shoot KLove and LBJ same thing. But Melo doesnt play on that level and the team loses. There is a difference.

I forgot.... At the end of the day most people have 2 arms

#1 When did I say anything about Solomon? Or anything about that lineup for that matter? You must be confusing my argument with someone else's and combining them. I had nothing to do with that.

#2 As for Melo's knee, it was NOT just water in his knee. Furthermore, just getting it drained is NOT the correct way to fix it. He should have sat. As I explained before, when you have fluid in your knee, draining it is a temporary solution. Amare's last 2 knee issues began with fluid on his knees. He didn't correctly identify the problem. The fluid built up because he was still playing. Eventually, it wears on the bones within the knee. My pops had the same thing happen to him. Secondly, Melo didn't have just a shoulder strain. He had a shoulder TEAR. Two totally different things.

#3 In the playoffs vs Miami, that was his reasoning for not doing anything. I'm not referring to last post season. Last post season he was injured. Vs Miami he was "sick".

#4 "I mean in all honesty there are only 3 SF's to really speak of anyways in LBJ, Durant and Paul George. So he's top 4 so what?" WE DO NOT HAVE THEM ON OUR TEAM!!!! THEY AREN'T COMING HERE!!!!!!! So, as Knicks fans, are we going to suck their ***** and cry about Melo not being them? And Paul George ain't up there with those other 2. He's having a great year but I've seen him be just as inefficient as yall blame Melo when Indiana's offense stalls. I've seen him disappear in playoff games. Difference is, Indiana has WAY more talent than we do. CLEARLY. NO DEBATING. So if I'm "rambling" then so be it. And for the record, yall would be criticizing all of those guys as well if they were on this team because we'd STILL be losing. WE DO NOT HAVE TALENT. And we STILL won 50+ games last year so I ask you...how in the **** is that not "carrying your team?" Take Melo off of the Knicks last year and those guys off of their respective teams and they'd beat the breaks off of us in a series.

#5 With all due respect...this is where you will be exposed for hypocrisy. CP3 is a great player. But why is everyone on his dick as this great winner. Was I in a coma when he went further in the playoffs than Melo? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Melo not play in a WCF. Chris Paul have rings I don't know about? I know for damn sure I'd take the Clippers roster without Paul over the Knicks without Melo. That's for damn sure. And Kevin Love has't even made the playoffs yet. Miss me with that garbage.

Last edited by franchize : 12-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote