View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #294
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

Quote:
Veteran Richard Jefferson, who's played for legendary coaches such as Lute Olsen at Arizona and the Spurs' Gregg Popovich, ardently defended Corbin when asked about the pressure and negativity put on the Jazz coach from some outsiders hoping for a change.

When asked about criticism toward Corbin, Jefferson went on for a while about his strong feelings about this particular topic before Tuesday’s practice.

“I think that’s stupid, just flat-out dumb,” he said. “By no means am I disrespecting our fans. Everybody’s entitled to an opinion. When you pay your money, whether you’re a fan of our team or the other team, you’re spending your hard-earned dollar to support the NBA and I respect that.”

Jefferson, who's started for Utah since being traded from Golden State this offseason, simply disagrees with the critics.

“Now as far as lashing out and putting pressure on a coach, that’s unfair. … Everybody’s an armchair quarterback,” Jefferson said. “Everybody has their own fantasy football team. Everybody has their own idea of what should go down.

“But,” he added, “I can tell you from being in this league and having multiple Hall of Fame coaches that Ty is doing a very good job. He’s in a very difficult situation with a lot of young guys and a lot of injuries, and he’s doing a very, very good job, and I say that with the utmost confidence.”

Jazz shooting guard Alec Burks also backed Corbin’s decision to play Jefferson at the end of Monday’s 105-94 loss to Portland despite the fact that Burks scored a team-high 20 points.

“I trust in Coach Ty,” Burks said, “and everybody else does.”

I certainly think he's getting a lot more criticism than he deserves.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote