View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 AM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: Hawks may be considering Al Horford at no.3

This team is so hard to figure out. They have drafted Childress, Smith, Marvin Williams, and Sheldon Williams in recent drafts. That is more than enough forwards. Smith and Marvin start, Childress and Sheldon are the backups. Joe Johnson is the SG.

That clearly leaves PG and C as their two biggest needs. Of course the 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players in the minds of a lot of people are forwards. That leads to the problem of drafting maybe the 6th best player with the 3rd pick, or trading down and risk missing on him.

I like to pride myself in being able to put myself in the shoes of NBA decision makers and making the best choice possible, but I just can't figure this one out. I guess I would trade down to the 6th spot if possible. I'm not sure who would be in the trade, but I do think the Bucks would get a great player to go next to Bogut in Horford. But then to the Grizz grab Conley since they have two pretty decent young forwards in Gay and Warrick? If they don't and the Hawks do get Conley with the 6th pick, I think they sit in perfect postion to get Spencer Hawes.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote