View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Melo his future....

Kinda noticed winning isnt listed in any of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My opinion:
1. Because he lead the league in scoring last year and is like #2 this year.

Lots of shots, inefficient in doing so, but mainly...lots of shots.

Quote:
2. Because I personally feel he's one of the best players in the league.
not even top 10.

Lebron, Durant, Dwight, CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Paul George, Harden, Parker, and finally since scoring matters then Kevin Love puts up the same points + is a beast on the boards...my top 10.

And that doesnt include injured Rose Rondo and Kobe.

Quote:
3. Because no player I feel is better than Carmelo will be available. Ex. We don't have a shot at LeBron and Durant will be part of the Thunder for years to come.

This may be true, but it isnt about better players, isiah taught us that doesnt matter, but rather better teammates.

Quote:
4. Despite our record this year, we overachieved last year and I personally think he was the biggest reason why.

If anything this year is showing he wasnt of of the top 3 reasons why.

Leadership, high ball IQ, guys stepping up at key points, and blistering 3 point makes.

Quote:
5. Because he is one of a handful of players who can truly compete head up with LeBron James.

I've only seen Melo play LeBron once in the playoffs, but if the regular season is the bar, then also note how many guys that can compete with him.

Quote:
6. Because we don't have draft picks or many assets to replace a player of his caliber.

Thats why you build a TEAM, collective pieces that can get the job done, and with a proper system and development greater goals can be achieved.

Quote:
7. Because he's the best player we've had since Patrick Ewing. I do recall us paying Allan Houston a shit load of money btw.

No major dispute here, but this doesnt establish why he should be max.

Some feel Sprewell was actually a better player, certainly more complete, and definitely had the capability to score points.

Quote:
So there's my rationale. People on this board have readily said "why should we keep him?" and "we should just blow it up". well there's my answer. Now I'd love to see everyone's plan once we "blow it up". The bottom feeder teams "blow it up" all the time. Cap space doesn't win championships tho. So what's the plan when we do get rid of the disease that apparently Carmelo Anthony is lol?

Not a disease just not a main component to a winner, no player making max should need a multiple all-stars just to get out of the first round.

Melo is a co-star type of player, not a main guy.

Main guys do one of the three......play defense consistently, score efficiently, help make plays.

Most maxes do at least two, but they certainly do at least one.

Melo does none consistently.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote