View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #767
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
In my country it's tough to find a job even as a programmer and finding a programming job over the summer is almost mission impossible.

I've been developing some apps for Android but I'm still learning. I guess I should publish some apps on Google Play and show them so I could improve my chances.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about the subject. Are you a programmer as well or you just know a lot about these stuff ?

Also I've seen a Work and Travel program. Basically I need to pay like $1000 + tickets + visa and I can work in the USA but it's mostly in smaller cities and jobs don't have any relation with programming.
Yeah I'm about to graduate with a CS and Math degrees in the Spring.

Android apps are a good start but make sure to learn more than Java. You can focus on mobile development since there's a lot of demand for it right now but don't end up being a one trick pony. You can start by adding a web back end to your apps.

Most companies these days have public APIs or open source projects that they contribute to. If you want to get their attention try to tailor to their needs by either building something using their APIs or contributing to their projects.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote