View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #298
intrinsic
Local High School Star

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Played through a bit of stuff over the last month.

Fable: The Lost Chapters(pc)- This might be a game I never go back to. I'm almost 2 hours in with a little of that being afk time. Everything I don't like about the game is largely a consequence of playing a game nearly 10 years after it was released. The choice of alignment Good v. Evil is something of a common rpg mechanic in rpg's over the last 10 years. Playing through this, it just feels like it gets in the way. With that said

The Bard's tale (ipad) - I've had a blast with this. It's really the same thing as Fable, but it picks up steam in the first 5-10 minutes. Playing on the ipad is a huge draw. I don't think it would hold my attention sitting at the pc. Reminds me a lot of Grotesque Tactics storywise.

Grid 2 (pc) - Fun. There's enough there in the campaign to keep me playing for months. The garage feels a tiny bit limited with the dlc, but I can't really complain since I paid ~$10 for this at the Holiday Sale. I haven't tried the online, yet. Only owned it a few days, and I still haven't won a race :oldlol

Europa IV - If you like strategy games and/or history, get this. Now. I'd describe it as heavily involved grand strategy. It's not nearly as accessible as civilization; plan on spending several hours in the game before you will have a good understanding and familiarize yourself with the interface. It's designed for hundreds, even thousands, of hours of gameplay.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote