View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor

Just saw whitney young vs some west coast high school team with emanuel mudiay.. and this is my observation...

I wasn't high on okafor at first.. i always felt cliff alexander had more potential and is clearly more athletic out of the two.. BUT after this game, in which okafor looks like he cut weight and looked really lean (which is a good thing cuz he was kind puffy last time I saw him). But I was really impressed with okafor and this game changed my mind, I think okafor is a special talent and his stroke from 12-18 ft. is gonna be lethal at the pro level. His fundamentals and feel for the game is also impressive, still not a world class athletic freak but his skill level for that size at 18 yrs old is pretty rare. I think he will be a top 2 pick lock when ever he decides to go pro.

I was extremely high on mudiay before this game. But altho he had a very solid game, he didn't show me anything new or wowed me in any way, which was kind of dissapointing. He's not as athletic as I thought he was going to be and i don't think he's suited for the pg position. He will be much better as a wing on the next level. Altho playing pg at SMU under larry brown might develop him better for the next level.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote