View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #27
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation
Default Re: European Basketball Leagues 2012-13 Club Budgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
wtf are you talking about. NBA teams count the taxes but don't pay them? I don't know how it works in Europe but in America you get taxes taken out of your paycheck. Where do you think that money comes from? This is a bunch of nonsense you are spewing. In fact when you started this post you wrote TOTAL BUDGETS (not just the net base salaries of the players). You are just bullshit. I love your desperation. You are so pathetic!!
I'm not getting in your guys' argument but I will say this. In Europe, in most leagues, the teams pay your agents fees so you don't have to pay them. In addition, they pay your taxes for that country, not what you'd owe the USA. For example, if you had lets say a 100,000 Euro contract in France, you would be paid the full 100,000 and the club would pay your taxes on that money. Whereas in the US if you sign a $10,000,000 contract, you don't actually receive $10,000,000 you will end up receiving about half of that after taxes and agents fees etc. As a US citizen you are however responsible for paying taxes on any amount over $97,600 (as of 2013). So if you made $200000 in Israel you would get $200,000 but then you would owe the Us government taxes on $102,000. In Europe you also almost always get a car and an apartment which is a nice deal as well. In the NBA you get a per diem but that's not equal to a car and an apartment.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote