View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #193
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Naughty God

They better make a PS4 edition. I really want to play through it again, but as I mentioned before, I don't have a PS3.

It really is the GOAT game though. Soundtrack and atmosphere is amazing. I love the whole "nature reclaiming the Earth" kind of thing they had going on. A lot of post-apocalyptic games/movies are just a sea of brown, but this game is gorgeous. I can tell it was inspired by that documentary about what would happen to the earth if humanity was wiped out.

Easily the strongest cast of characters in a video game. Joel and Ellie were obviously great, but it had a really strong supporting cast as well. Tess, Bill, Sam, Henry, Marlene, and David were all memorable characters. Hopefully the rest of the gaming industry follows Naughty Dog's lead. We don't have enough good story driven games. Not only that, but Naughty Dog managed to merge it with really great gameplay. Bioshock Infinite had a good story, but the gameplay was forgettable and I felt there was a pretty big disconnect between story and gameplay. It was just one big pointless shooting gallery imo. It should been an adventure game with less shooting.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote