View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #32
bisk

Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I favor this plan over going QB first, personally.

My personal wishlist for the first round is Sammy Watkins at 4 and then coming back and grabbing CJ Mosley at 26. I'd maybe even consider trading up to get Mosley if they don't think he'll fall to 26. I like that kid a lot and we desperately need an upgrade at ILB.

Grab the best QB available in either the second or third round. Mettenberger would be fine with me.

A Josh Gordon / Sammy Watkins / Jordan Cameron trio would cause a lot of problems.

I don't see Mosley dropping to 26 either, to be honest. If the Browns aren't getting him and maybe go QB/WR in the first, they could take a gamble on Borland in the second. He's a bit small and lacks elite coverage skills, but the guy is a house. I believe we could seriously cut into opponents rushing yardage with him aswell (but it's a passing league now, so wouldn't surprise me if he falls into the 3rd where he should be a must have).

That Watkins/Gordon/Cameron possibility does make me salivate, though. My goodness. I'm just a bit anxious the FO is gonna be afraid to not take a QB with all the 'we NEED a franchise QB finally' and just go with one of those higher rated QBs. I'm in the Bortles camp myself, if they pick one and hopefully he's there at 4.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote