View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I don't see Mosley dropping to 26 either, to be honest. If the Browns aren't getting him and maybe go QB/WR in the first, they could take a gamble on Borland in the second. He's a bit small and lacks elite coverage skills, but the guy is a house. I believe we could seriously cut into opponents rushing yardage with him aswell (but it's a passing league now, so wouldn't surprise me if he falls into the 3rd where he should be a must have).

That Watkins/Gordon/Cameron possibility does make me salivate, though. My goodness. I'm just a bit anxious the FO is gonna be afraid to not take a QB with all the 'we NEED a franchise QB finally' and just go with one of those higher rated QBs. I'm in the Bortles camp myself, if they pick one and hopefully he's there at 4.
I'm with you on Bortles. Like I said, I feel like he has the highest ceiling in the class and if we're going to gamble on a QB that high, take a homerun swing.

The argument against taking Watkins at 4 seems to be that this WR class is ridiculously deep and, while he may be the best of the best, there will be plenty of other good options in the first three rounds.

Depending on how the combine and the workouts go, it does look like Mosley is going to be gone before 26. Like I said, we have so many picks, I think he might be the kind of player worth trading up for. I'd be far, far more inclined to move up to get him in the middle of the first than trying to move up from 4 like a lot of the people around Cleveland are talking about. That would be very stupid, imo.

If you go Bortles at 4, maybe snatch up Kelvin Benjamin or Odell Beckham at 26? We definitely need a serious upgrade at our WR2 spot to take the heat off Josh.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote