View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #527
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
slight overreaction, and more about the past if anything, but Cal really needs to get his shit together. Usually around this time of year his teams really come together. The way they've played against some of the top 10 schools (especially against my Spartans) has been nothing short of inspirational. But, you don't get deep in March by just waiting around for a huge matchup. If they don't make a huge bang in the SEC tourney they'll be on the bubble. An NIT visit this year and goodbye Cal.
I think he's lost his mind a bit this year though. Not the tangent about overrating UK losses. But how far he's going to protect his guys. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way, probably because as Forde pointed out...they aren't really doing that well and he's still rewarding them.

I know he needs attention and to be loved by the fans, but if he can't get his team together soon the fans are gonna turn on him. I think he can fail this year with just an NIT appearance, but the seat is gonna be pretty warm for next year.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote