View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #17
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Atlantic...The Winners...The Losers...Who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
The funny thing is, TO only really had a couple players at most with playoff experience while New Jersey's big 3 have had experience past 1st round for more than a couple years....Plus, with Toronto, Rasho is still a good center, he averaged over a block per game and also brought energy to the floor when he got going....He got going when they gave him the ball...he is also a good rebounder....Sam Mitchell is not a great coach and I don't think he deserved that coach of the year and the contract extension...they need a veteran coach which knows what they are doing....

Rasho has only averaged 24 mins a game for his career. Last season w/TO it was about 21.. that was with Bargs out and inexperienced and Garbojsa injured and inexperiences as well. With those two back and better, I see him playing even less minutes and some DNPs - Coach's Decision.

And what's so funny about the playoff experience? I thought the Raps were so internationally tested? They learned last year, but what they learned they didn't seem to address (see rebounding and defense) So far they have added a wing, who I don't know much about (Delfino) along with another outside shooter who brings little else to the table.

I'm sure they are not done since they do have pieces to work with, and their younger players will get better but they seemingly have a long way to go if they plan on being a threat int he playoffs.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote