View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

My best guess for Phantom Pain from everything I've read is 1st quarter 2015. It's supposed to be huge. Check it out:

By Jeffrey Matulef Published Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be "over 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes" in a recent group interview attended by Eurogamer in Japan.

When asked about keeping players engaged with the series during its long-running gaps between installments, Kojima said: "I'll be honest here: this wasn't necessarily a strategic move. The Phantom Pain is roughly over 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes... I knew we couldn't hit a game that big for next-gen launch date [22nd February for the PS4 in Japan], and we didn't have any Japanese titles that were available for launch... At that time Ground Zeroes was almost complete, and a lot of fans asked for a product out there, so that's the decision I took."

"If I can't make The Phantom Pain on time, but the product is there I might as well deliver it for the people," he added. "So that was the reasoning behind this move, though I didn't do too much thinking on what would happen after that."

Kojima further explained that he wanted Ground Zeroes to get people excited about big-budget next-gen games: "A lot of people are losing interest in these high end games," he lamented.

"They're mainly interested in these mobile games, these social games, and with next-gen coming up I wanted to show people that this was still fun, that this was still something that's worth playing... that's part of the reason I decided to move ahead and just put out the product."
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote