View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #29
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Atlantic...The Winners...The Losers...Who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
So Boston is going to be better than all but 1 of these teams:

Cleveland
Chicago
Detroit
NJ
Toronto
Miami

Yes; they should be better than everyone besides Detroit, barring a large signing.

Quote:
They would essentially have to win 52+ games to be #2 in the East. How many games did they win last year? 24? So you're expecting about a 25-30 game turn around?

If you read my post, I explained how Pierce missed over 35 games, and a stretch where he missed 24 straight (where the Celtics went 2-22). Half the season they were being led in scoring by Ryan Gomes, who's now the 6th best player on the team.

Quote:
And if anything should happen to PP, Allen (and his repaired ankles) or Al Jeff then what?

Then it would hurt them, and wouldn't be a top 5 seed obviously What would happen to the Nets if Kidd went down? THEN WHAT?

Quote:
Their PG rotation is young, inconsistent and shallow, and their Center position is rather weak as well.

Rondo production wasn't inconsistent, but his minutes were last year. If you ever watched the Celtics last year, you could tell he was the guy the Celtics were going to keep based solely on his potential. He won't shoot the ball, but he makes great decisions, has incredible speed (40 time may be top 3 in the league)

Center? Theo is being rumored as trade bait, but it's possible he could really strengthen the middle if he comes back healthy as well.

Quote:
I'm sure they will be in the playoff race, but I can't see them turning into an ECF powerhouse overnight thanks to Ray Allen.

No, they were a playoff team last year, before the team imploded. Now with the emergence of Al Jefferson, Tony Allen coming back healthy, Pierce coming back healthy, and Ray coming into form, makes them the Atlanta favorite.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 07-02-2007 at 09:43 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote