View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #782
Xiao Yao You
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

Quote:
"Tyís a good guy," said forward Derrick Favors. "Ever since Iíve been here heís helped me out with a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff yíall donít see out there on the court. He helped me out with growing as a player and growing as a man."

Asked if he wanted Corbin back as head coach next year, Favors said, "Yeah. I hope so. But thatís not my decision."

Rookie point guard Trey Burke also advocated for his coach.

"People knock on him, [but] I definitely think heís done a good job motivating us," Burke said. "Bottom line is weíre a young team. We didnít have the year a lot of people expected us to have. But I definitely think the futureís bright."

It hasnít been the year Corbin expected, though itís been something he anticipated could happen after the Jazz let key free agents ó including Paul Millsap, who would go on to be an All-Star in the East, and Al Jefferson, who has helped spark a turnaround in Charlotte ó walk in July.

"No way this is good for the coaches," Corbin told 1280 The Zone on Tuesday, recalling his feelings on the offseason moves.

In a league where coaches take the fall for failures, he might be right. The Jazz have 24 wins on the year, matching the lowest total since the franchise moved to Utah in 1979. The rebuilding Jazz rank dead last in defense and have lost 21 of their last 24 games.

The Jazz will finish out the year Wednesday night in Minnesota and will then return to Salt Lake City to clean out their lockers and have exit interviews on Thursday morning.

After that, Corbinís summer plans become less clear.

"Take some time to decompress a little bit and get out of it a little bit," he told the radio station. "I think it will be good for me especially to relax a little bit before we sit down and talk and decide whatís best for everybody going forward."

afalk@sltrib.com

Twitter: @tribjazz

I would guess the announcement will be made soon after the exit interviews. Players certainly like him besides he dumb ass Raja!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote