View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #783
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

Quote:
The Jazz will get help in the off-season, but how much is uncertain. Whether it’s Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker, Dante Exum, Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon, each would considerably improve the team’s prospects. Yet some experts believe no one this year is alone a championship-maker. But the people the Jazz add in free agency is also crucial matter. Forget pie-in-the-sky players such as Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James, or aging superstars like Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki. Adding Eric Bledsoe, Rudy Gay or Greg Monroe, for example, to a top-five pick would make the Jazz a nice team.

Detroit had similar problems as the Jazz with their big line-up so not sure Monroe makes much sense. Suns will match any off for Bledoe I'd think. Maybe they'd trade Dragic? Would you rather have Gay than Hayward or Burks especially if they get Wiggins or Parker? They need a veteran pg that's for sure.

Quote:
It’s murky territory for any small-market team. Drafting will happen and help, but free-agent signings will decide how quickly they come back to relevance.

It's mostly on the young guys thanks to letting Millsap, Demarre and Mo go. Expecting much out of FA isn't smart in Utah.

Quote:
All those variables lurked at the perimeter of Monday’s Jazz-Lakers game. Was it interesting? In a long-distance sense. Nowadays, if you look around, you can get lower-bowl tickets for a song. Which song?

How about “Someday my Prince Will Come”?

Anyway, the Jazz finished their home season with their fans conflicted and confused. Losing is a good thing, right? But by a 15-point margin? To a team minus Nash, Bryant and Gasol? Nick Young came off the bench to put 41 points on the Jazz.

“I can play a little bit. I just wanted you all to see that … I got a future here,” Young said. “I can do my thing. I’ve been telling you all. You better watch out for me.”

Even now, with Jazz’s draft hopes rising, the Lakers still can manage to ruin the fun.

Email: rock@desnews.com; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote