View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #793
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

Burke said he will work on getting stronger and improving his jump shot this offseason, after shooting 38 percent from the field.

He is part of one of the youngest teams in the league. The Jazz's starting lineup Wednesday featured just one player Jeremy Evans older than 24 years old. The 26-year-old Evans started in place of Enes Kanter, who was inactive with tendinitis in his right quadriceps.

That youthful lineup included third-year player Alec Burks and fourth-year player Derrick Favors, both of whom averaged career highs in points this season. It also included Utahs leading scorer, Hayward.

On Wednesday, Hayward finished one assist away from his first career triple-double, capping arguably the strongest season of his four-year NBA career. He notched career highs in points, rebounds and assists this season, and on Wednesday, he became the first Jazz player since Pete Maravich to average more than 16 points, five rebounds and five assists per game.

Hayward said he expected to play a bigger role this season after the Jazz lost their two leading scorers from 2012-13 in Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson.

I was ready to embrace it, he said. I knew it was going to be a challenge, but it was something I was looking toward to.

Hayward also said hes not worried about being a restricted free agent this summer. I can cross the bridge later, he said Wednesday morning, but right now, Im still obviously a Jazz player, and so Im doing whatever I can to help us win.

Corbin, whose contract with the Jazz is also set to expire, avoided a question about his future with the team.

Itll happen when it happens, he said. Ive played for 16 years of speculations and all that. I know where this team is we talked about coming into the year. Well see. Well see if things can be worked out.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote