View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #71
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Default Re: ☆Official Pau Gasol Thread: Pau Gasol's contract year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Very tough to say. I do know one thing. The first PG taken in almost every draft hasn't been a bust. They at least turn into solid players. Some might have been hurt and not the same, but they were at least good players before that. PG is the safest position to pick, especially with the way the NBA rules are now. You have to go back until about 2000 when Detroit took Mateen Cleaves as the first PG to find a true bust, and even at that he was a 14 pick. Right now it looks like the experts are leaning Exum. I don't think any team can go wrong picking one of those two guys.

Reports have Exum basically heavily trying to push his way to the Lakers, there was one report stating he'd be reducing his amount of workouts so any team bar the Lakers will not get to see as much, along with the potential that his agent has been basically trying to get other teams bar the Lakers to back off in picking him, I wouldn't think he'd do that without some verbal indication by the Lakers that they will pick him so if they get to pick either of the two I think the Lakers will go with Exum (and I'd agree with that but I'm biased), I don't think teams will definitely not pick him just because he's desperately trying to get to the Lakers but picking someone who doesn't want to play anywhere else and could potentially go to Europe and re-enter the draft 2-3 years later and still be 21 or so I think most teams would rather avoid the hassle, so I am certainly hoping the Lakers get the high enough pick to take Exum, any of the four of Wiggins; Parker, Embiid or Exum I will be ecstatic with and happy with Randle or Smart too but more ecstatic for the above four :P (taking an antibiotic that is known to cause delusions/hallucinations and nightmares so if I post anything rather odd I'm blaming them )

Last edited by Lakers91 : 04-23-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote