View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #72
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: ☆Official Pau Gasol Thread: Pau Gasol's contract year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
Reports have Exum basically heavily trying to push his way to the Lakers, there was one report stating he'd be reducing his amount of workouts so any team bar the Lakers will not get to see as much, along with the potential that his agent has been basically trying to get other teams bar the Lakers to back off in picking him, I wouldn't think he'd do that without some verbal indication by the Lakers that they will pick him so if they get to pick either of the two I think the Lakers will go with Exum (and I'd agree with that but I'm biased), I don't think teams will definitely not pick him just because he's desperately trying to get to the Lakers but picking someone who doesn't want to play anywhere else and could potentially go to Europe and re-enter the draft 2-3 years later and still be 21 or so I think most teams would rather avoid the hassle, so I am certainly hoping the Lakers get the high enough pick to take Exum, any of the four of Wiggins; Parker, Embiid or Exum I will be ecstatic with and happy with Randle or Smart too but more ecstatic for the above four :P (taking an antibiotic that is known to cause delusions/hallucinations and nightmares so if I post anything rather odd I'm blaming them )

He doesn't really have any leverage to choose his team. The worst move of his career would be pulling out from a team and going to Europe. He would lose millions of dollars. Not to mention the experience. There have been reports of him going in the top 3 potentially. If the Magic pick ahead of the Lakers I could see them picking him. A back court of Exum and Oladipo would be a very nice young pairing for them. I think Exum, Randle, Smart, Wiggins, Embiid, and Parker are all day 1 starters for whatever team drafts them. They may not all end up being superstars, but I do see them being solid players. This is a very deep draft. The Lakers are going to end up with an upgrade at some position no matter what.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote