Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

If I told you right after the AI/Andre Miller trade went down that the Nuggets would only improve by like, 4-5 wins and have the same playoff ceilling, and that Andre Miller would make the Sixers better than they were with Iverson, you woulda called me an idiot. AI doesn't make anyone better. The Nuggets with him are only SLIGHTLY better than they were without him, you can't deny that.
    I think you're overrating the Sixers and what Andre Miller has done there. You make it seem like Philly was the Pistons or Magic last year. They were a below .500 team, and one thing people don't seem to realize is that they were healthier then your average teams ALL YEAR. There 3 best players, Iggy, Miller, and Dalembert didn't miss 1 game. I don't think you can say that for any playoff teams last year. I wouldn't say Philly is better or worse with Miller instead of AI.

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I think you're overrating the Sixers and what Andre Miller has done there. You make it seem like Philly was the Pistons or Magic last year. They were a below .500 team, and one thing people don't seem to realize is that they were healthier then your average teams ALL YEAR. There 3 best players, Iggy, Miller, and Dalembert didn't miss 1 game. I don't think you can say that for any playoff teams last year. I wouldn't say Philly is better or worse with Miller instead of AI.
    A major reason the 76ers had success last season was due to the growth of their youth. And Andre played an integral part in that. AI commands the ball way too much and that makes it very difficult for youth to develop. Iggy played better upon his departure, and young guns like williams and young wouldn't have as much opportunity with AI. They were very nicely balanced last season, and Millers facilitation and natural pg skills aided int that

I rule the local playground

While Iggy had a small role while Iverson was in Philly, it wasn't completely on Iverson. You have to remember there was also Webber and Korver on those teams, both of whom saw the ball more than Iggy. Your numbers are naturally going to take a huge leap when you go from 3rd or 4th option to #1. And as a Philly fan Iggy didn't want the role of scorer when Iverson was there, you had to hold a gun to his head to get him to shoot, he was asked if he wanted more plays run for him and he said no. Iverson's style doesn't always blend well with developing young talent, but the idea that young players can't develop with him is exaggerated.

National High School Star

[QUOTE=
    Last edited by AItheAnswer3; 09-29-2008 at 07:05 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    A major reason the 76ers had success last season was due to the growth of their youth. And Andre played an integral part in that. AI commands the ball way too much and that makes it very difficult for youth to develop. Iggy played better upon his departure, and young guns like williams and young wouldn't have as much opportunity with AI. They were very nicely balanced last season, and Millers facilitation and natural pg skills aided int that
    But is the success they had last year really that different from what they were getting with AI every year? They won only 40 games last year, and this is with their 3 best players not missing ONE GAME. When AI played 70+ games in a season the lowest win total the 76ers had was 38 wins in 2006. That's really not that much of a difference, and if he played 82 games instead of 72 that year, I'm pretty sure Philly would've at least won 40 games that year.

Last year's Sixers are really becoming one of the most overrated teams ever, and I think alot of that is the result of people just trying discredit AI.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    But is the success they had last year really that different from what they were getting with AI every year? They won only 40 games last year, and this is with their 3 best players not missing ONE GAME. When AI played 70+ games in a season the lowest win total the 76ers had was 38 wins in 2006. That's really not that much of a difference, and if he played 82 games instead of 72 that year, I'm pretty sure Philly would've at least won 40 games that year.

Last year's Sixers are really becoming one of the most overrated teams ever, and I think alot of that is the result of people just trying discredit AI.
    In the wins dept, they would probably be about the same. But Miller really helped the developement of the youth players and I think it will show this coming year. I think Miller helped improved the team as a whole. But win record would likely be similar but their young players were able to gain some valuable experience. Not trying to discredit. I just call it as I see it. AI isnt exactly known for making teammates better

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    In the wins dept, they would probably be about the same. But Miller really helped the developement of the youth players and I think it will show this coming year. I think Miller helped improved the team as a whole. But win record would likely be similar but their young players were able to gain some valuable experience. Not trying to discredit. I just call it as I see it. AI isnt exactly known for making teammates better
    I'm not saying Miller has nothing to do with it, but younger players like Iggy and Dalembert were naturally going to get better with age. I did say the wins wouldn't be that different, I'm just saying I don't understand the whole notion that Philly is BETTER with Miller instead of AI. Maybe there not worse, but I don't get how they're better. Now of course next year I think the team will improve as a whole, cause Brand is there. I'm not necessarily saying you are trying to discredit AI, but the common perception around here that Philly is better without AI mostly stems from people trying to discredit the man.