Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: ever get with a girl you work with?

How would an up front conversation about that go? That's not really my style either. In this instance we both know each other pretty well so I suppose there could be some sort of graceful way to address the topic of workplace relationships ahead of time. Experience just makes me shy away from that. Nothing gets you friend-zoned faster than telling a girl you like her, you have to show her. She is very career oriented so for all I know she has the same reservations if not more. And of course, there's no way to discuss the possibility of her being batshit.
    i meant a conversation post-split if that's what it comes to, as a way to confront the potential awkwardness head on. but then like you said, the batshit scenario is always possible and totally unpredictable, and if that's the case, the conversation could go... poorly.

that's a f*cking rough story andgar. never know how the chick will react, so you gotta be pretty damn certain before you try anything drastic.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Don't do it don't do it don't do it.

The way to go: keep in touch with them on a friendship level and once one of you finds another job, call/text and say you miss working with them, meet up for lunch, proceed to smash. But NOT while you still work together
    This exact situation is going on with me right now within the last 3 weeks. Working to perfection. I've gotten with girls I've worked with and it sucks. Besides the awkwardness when things aren't going well, everyone is nosey and in your business. Whether its going good or bad. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
    For the past month I've been crushing like some schoolboy bitch on this girl I work with. She's clearly into me, but I'm hesitant to make a move. We are both well-established at the company, and I'm worried that if it goes bad shit could be awkward as all hell.

Can this type of thing ever end well? I feel like she's the type I could settle down with. Please advise, ISH.
    ur right, Walmart is a big company. Dont jeopardize your chances of advancing to manager.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Update - I'd been avoiding the shit out of this girl and pretty much forgot about her but last Friday I happened to be thinking with my dick and at the same time she made a strong play via text (I'm home and lonely with a bottle of vodka - might as well said 'come **** me').

On top of the extended buildup this was one of the sloppiest/roughest/drunken ham ****s I've ever dished out. Really good stuff - but I also screwed her straight out of my head and woke up wanting nothing to do with her.

So I made up a bunch of reasons why I was busy to get through the weekend but this week has been ugly. She's been stopping by with unusual frequency, always with some bs picture to show me on her phone or random story to relate. It couldn't be more obvious to people I work by that she has my jizz in her brain. And when she's not at my desk she's iming me and distracting the hell out of me. Plus she's asked me to go to some out of town wedding next week, and to do all this shit with her friends this weekend.

I must be stupid. There's nothing remotely special about this girl, I was just always seeing her at work where she acts and looks at the top of her game. That much couldn't be more clear, in retrospect. My only reason for even wanting to hit it again is so I can get her alone and in a situation where I can tell her I want to be discreet about things and hopefully slow this train down.

So yeah, oops.

Never.

Never with chicks I meet at a bar and never with chicks I work with. I won't even screw around with chicks I work with.

im so tempted to smash on this chick but its dangerous

Update - I'd been avoiding the shit out of this girl and pretty much forgot about her but last Friday I happened to be thinking with my dick and at the same time she made a strong play via text (I'm home and lonely with a bottle of vodka - might as well said 'come **** me').

On top of the extended buildup this was one of the sloppiest/roughest/drunken ham ****s I've ever dished out. Really good stuff - but I also screwed her straight out of my head and woke up wanting nothing to do with her.

So I made up a bunch of reasons why I was busy to get through the weekend but this week has been ugly. She's been stopping by with unusual frequency, always with some bs picture to show me on her phone or random story to relate. It couldn't be more obvious to people I work by that she has my jizz in her brain. And when she's not at my desk she's iming me and distracting the hell out of me. Plus she's asked me to go to some out of town wedding next week, and to do all this shit with her friends this weekend.

I must be stupid. There's nothing remotely special about this girl, I was just always seeing her at work where she acts and looks at the top of her game. That much couldn't be more clear, in retrospect. My only reason for even wanting to hit it again is so I can get her alone and in a situation where I can tell her I want to be discreet about things and hopefully slow this train down.

So yeah, oops.
    You gotta know who you messing with. You can't mash everyone at work. I mashed this one chick, and we just keep it 100 between us. We're not all over each other and shit.

Now, there is this other broad that I know if I ash here, she probably would never leave me be.

An Icon Forever

So yeah, oops.

Earlier you said she was funny, smart, sexy, etc so what changed about her? She doesn't have those qualities anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Earlier you said she was funny, smart, sexy, etc so what changed about her? She doesn't have those qualities anymore?
    Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get to know them, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.

I met my girl which is now my wife at the same work place, she ended up quitting when we got more serious.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

my current girl work at the same company i'm at, but i'd hardly call us workmates. we barely see each other at work and i have never personally worked together with her, although i did work closely with her boss, that's how i found her

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get to know them, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.
    you must have only met the annoying,stupid,ugly ones

or maybe you meant this:

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get married, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Was dating a girl from work... wasn't hugely into her, attractive but no personality type of girl... so she ended up getting her attractive friend from work to talk to me, see if I was that interested I guess... me and her friend have been together since.

Can be VERY awkward in work when we are all in the same room.... morale of the story, don't get attractive friends to talk to guys for you.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I guess she does, but to a lesser degree. Since I've posted this thread we've talked quite a bit and she puts on a front at work but is actually rather fragile. Somewhat damaged, even.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i dunno... if you're actually interested in a long term relationship and this girl meets your quota like you've said, i'd say f*ck the rest and go for it. only if you're relatively certain she doesn't have some personality trait that will eventually drive you nuts, though you can never be totally certain about something like that. if there's even a 20% chance she might turn into 'the one', well...

and in the case of a messy break-up, well, can you just overpower that shit and put yourself above the awkwardness? i just admitted to a girl/best friend of mine that i've been head over heels for her for about five years... this girl is so goddamn perfect and i wanted her so bad that over the past few months, i actually managed to read into the smallest details of our interactions -- a smile here, an invitation to a movie there, arm on the shoulder, stuff that had been going on since we f*cking met -- and convince myself she was completely in love with me. i was 100% on it and giddy as shit. then one fateful night i drop by her house for a quick visit and woooops!!! there she is with another guy, Dan or something. i managed to get out of there without making a total fool of myself (though walking down the stairs shellshocked, i slipped on the ice and fell on my ass), but it tore me apart. she noticed my reaction and apparently had been feeling bad for the past week, realizing i still thought we had a chance. then a few nights ago i finally got the opportunity to have 'the talk' with her where i explained what had been going on in my head for the past few months, and she told me concretely (though i sorta had to egg the words outta her), nope, i've never seen you as more than a friend, sorry... but i had long ago decided the friendship was worth getting over this bullshit because we get along so well and she's somebody i truly respect. now i feel like the ice, at least on my end, has been broken and i can carry on, find somebody new, stop obsessing about her 24/7. and the common point in our stories is that i also work with her twice a week... and that's something i'm just gonna have to face up to and not let it overwhelm my psyche. personally i think i'm up to the task.

point is, if shit does go sour, you don't reckon you'll be able to stay above the drama and behave like a civilized adult when you're around her anyway? it sure as shit ain't easy but some people are capable. and if it drives her crazy, well f*ck it that's great, she'll quit and it's sunshine and rainbows all over again.

maybe this is the absolute wrong thing you wanna hear at this point and i'm giving horrendous advice given that i have little experience in the matter apart from the story above. nevertheless, it's rare to meet a chick who has all of the features you described above and who you think you have a legitimate shot with... i say go klondike or bust.

You still friends with the girl?

Happened to me as well but I had a different ending. Actually going through it now. One girl I was really into a few years ago and got rejected by (we remained really close friends for years after) just told me she wanted to date. So getting out of the friend zone isn't impossible; just difficult as shit.