Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: iPhone 5 reviews

Banned

Looks like Apple has another winner and I expect people will convert from Droid to Apple like the release of the iPhone 4.

Just watch the new buyers will skyrocket.

Another homerun from Apple from the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Looks like Apple has another winner and I expect people will convert from Droid to Apple like the release of the iPhone 4.

Just watch the new buyers will skyrocket.

Another homerun from Apple from the reviews.
    Times are very different my friend. Android marketshare continues to grow. People have invested a lot of money into the Google Play store. Switching to Apple means having to re-buy all the apps, songs, movies, books, tv shows, magazines, etc, that they've already purchased on their Google Account (which all conveniently work on Android tablets and ANY computer, MAC or PC).

Frankly, the ecosystems are pretty much in tact, and only killer features will get someone to switch at this point.

And right now, the only features that one ecosystem has that the other one doesn't have would be NFC (Android), Instant Info based on your location/time/history (Google Now, on Android), and automatic integration of all apps with the base operating system (Android).

Banned

Droids system is laggy and seems very unstable from my friends that had both.

They always come back to Apple, even though they think iOS is boring but they love the smoothness of it.

Droid may be open soure but none of the users really know what they are doing or care.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Droids system is laggy and seems very unstable from my friends that had both.

They always come back to Apple, even though they think iOS is boring but they love the smoothness of it.

Droid may be open soure but none of the users really know what they are doing or care.
    Which "Droid" phones do they have? My wife had an old LG Optimus T that was laggy as shit. It was also as old as the iPhone 3G (yeah, even older than the 3GS). The new, high end phones are all just as smooth as the iPhone. No lag whatsoever. Go find someone who has a Galaxy Nexus GSM version and play around on it. It's an unbelievable user experience. The Nexus 7 tablet is so smooth it'll make you wonder why anyone would drop 2.5 times as much for an iPad that does LESS.

Anyway, there's really no "winning" an argument with people who are brainwashed, so I'm out.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

iphone 5, the GOD of all phones

Very good NBA starter

Wonder if I can walk into a store and pick one up tomorrow

The online pre-orders are back ordered for 3-4 weeks

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

NEW YORK - Apple Inc. said Monday that it sold more than 5 million units of the iPhone 5 in the three days since its launch, less than analysts had expected.

Apple shares were down $6.60, or 0.9 percent, at $693.49 in morning trading. The shares are still close to their all-time high of $705.07, hit Friday as the phone went on sale in the U.S., Germany, France, Japan and five other countries.

The sales tally is a record for any phone, but it beats last year's iPhone 4S launch only by a small margin. Apple said then that it sold 4 million phones in the first three days.

Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White expected Apple to sell 6 million to 6.5 million iPhone 5s in the first three days. He said the shortfall was largely due to limited supply. White said the phone was sold out at 80 to 85 percent of the U.S. Apple stores he and his team contacted Sunday evening, and the ones that were still available were mostly Sprint models.

Online delivery times have stretched to three to four weeks.

The phone will go on sale in 22 more countries on Friday and in more than 100 countries by the end of the year.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...e-5s-sold.html

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    I've read somewhere saying it's because some new law, will have same connector as Samsung and PS3 as will most of new products.
    Nope, it's a proprietary connector. No one else is or will be using it.

And it is true that every phone in Europe has the same connector now, except for Iphone. Is this not true in the US?

Did prices of older models drop now? Like what's the price of iPhone 4 8gb?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Did prices of older models drop now? Like what's the price of iPhone 4 8gb?
    It's free with a new contract for AT&T and Verizon

Andgar = Apple sheep. op is a *******

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Andgar = Apple sheep. op is a *******

Damn bro, you're so anti-establishment.

I do have to give it to Apple. With the redesigned back of the phone, it does awesome in drop-test is and is pretty durable.