Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I hate being called Jeremy Lin every time I come out to the courts

last summer, i was hoopin alot. one thing that annoyed me was everytime i came out to the courts people would call me jeremy lin and thought it was so hilarious. i mean i heard it about 50 times before no lie so it became very annoying. Just because im asian its funny to call me jeremy lin? think about it like this, if your black and i call you lebron james is that suppose to be funny?

so some advice for you ish hoopers, if you see an asian kid on the court and you make a jeremy lin joke, you look really salty to him because its barely funny and hes heard it 100 times before.

what players have you been called before while playing basketball? ive been called yao, kobe, rose, artest, even manny pacquiao

Default Re: i hate being called jeremy lin everytime i come out to the courts

Shutup Lin and go get me a Gatorade.

Banned

Bonner, Scala, Muhresan, Cassel, Eaton, Hornacek, Closs, Booth, Shelden, Big Country, Robert Swift, Olden, Bird, Tyrone, Popeye.

NBA rookie of the year

At least they call you someone you share your asian heritage with.

In Sweden everyone just played but I get called "nikka" while playing pick up games at A&M.. Some fool called me "polar bear" after I dunked on his ass a la;

"Oh my "nikka" polar bear from Switzerland"..

Banned

I

In Canada they mostly called me Pau, sometimes Dirk, Kukoc, McHale and Bargnani. Bizarrely, I was once called Tayshaun Prince and twice Melo, even though I neither look nor really play like them.

Local High School Star

Toni Polster or Gerd M

Baby shaq, Charles Barkley, Ben Wallace , dwill

Dunking on everybody in the park

Got called Kobe for jacking up too many shot....

Got called Melo for jacking up too many shots.....

Amazingly, not been called jeremy lin yet....although I had enough people telling me how well he is playing and giving him props...

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

When I lived in Asia, people called me Allen Iverson every time I played ball. Works both way, cry me a river..

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Reduce your turnovers...

Just step up to them and say "My name is not Jeremy Lin. It's Nate Jizz"

gobb

When I was younguer people used to call me Kobe, now Tony Parker.

NBA sixth man of the year

Stop being Asian.

I don't complain about being called Matt Maloney when I come out to the courts.