Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season with league and finals mvp

Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season alltime with a league and finals mvp?

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season with league and finals mvp

I think Larry was a better player, based on what I've seen of him.

Now a Cavs fan again

Default Re: Does Lebron surpass Larry Bird at the end of the season with league and finals mvp

It's mind-boggling how people think Bird is better than LeBron right now, never mind after he wins his 4th MVP in 5 years and 2nd straight Finals MVP.

So to answer your question, yes... not only will LeBron surpass Bird with another MVP + title, but he officially moves up to #2 all time.

Lebron could defend Bird, or contain him. But Bird would get thrown in the dust trying to guard Lebron. It would get really ugly.

Lebron >> Bird

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    It's mind-boggling how people think Bird is better than LeBron right now, never mind after he wins his 4th MVP in 5 years and 2nd straight Finals MVP.

So to answer your question, yes... not only will LeBron surpass Bird with another MVP + title, but he officially moves up to #2 all time.
    Let's not over do it. The question was with Bird, not anyone else. They both were considered SF's, hence the question.

No. Prime Bird was better than current LeBron is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Lebron could defend Bird, or contain him. But Bird would get thrown in the dust trying to guard Lebron. It would get really ugly.

Lebron >> Bird
    Lebron couldn't defend Bird. No one couldn't.

You just can't guard all time great scorers one on one

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah, that seems a little strange to me. Dennis Rodman couldn't guard Bird; I don't think LeBron is a better - let alone significantly better - defender than The Worm was.

That would be a hell of a matchup though.

Most of ya'll were not even born when Bird was at his best. Stop giving your opinions. I have no idea if Lebron is better or not, and I don't even care. Both greats, different times.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Most of ya'll were not even born when Bird was at his best. Stop giving your opinions. I have no idea if Lebron is better or not, and I don't even care. Both greats, different times.
    STFU with this horsehit. It's called history, you can study it without actually having been there. You know a lot of what Bird did was filmed and can be viewed by people today, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    STFU with this horsehit. It's called history, you can study it without actually having been there. You know a lot of what Bird did was filmed and can be viewed by people today, don't you?
    Notice how I said MOST.

Yes. Without question. He already has the superior career playoff numbers. 4 MVPs and 2 FMVPs does in fact leave Bird with no argument.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Notice how I said MOST.
    It doesn't matter. No one alive today ever got to see Abraham Lincoln do anything, does that mean we shouldn't have any opinions about his presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    It doesn't matter. No one alive today ever got to see Abraham Lincoln do anything, does that mean we shouldn't have any opinions about his presidency?
    ether.

Banned

Bird still has the better over all stats, and his career was cut short due to a bad back.

I'd still have Bird over Lebron.

It's going to take him a few more rings to get to Bird/Magic/Kareem/Wilt/Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan levels, let alone MJ levels.

I love how people skip over all these ATG's, and go directly for MJ's throne.