Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    If KMart isn't washed up, I'd try putting him at the PF spot and move Carmelo back to SF.
    Why would woodson do that?? He loves the mismatch he creates w/ melo at the 4, THE PROBLEM IS, that there is even a BIGGER mismatch when melo is forced to play the other teams bruising power forwards. Maybe we can bring in SVG

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    this guy has the reputation of a defensive coach, yet, the knick's defense consists of random mindless switching, most of the time ending up with a mismatch.
    they have been doing this for years. people used to complain about david lee switching too much, same for melo, and amare. at some point you have to look at the players, and realise that they are the opnly constant.

you have changed coaches, and the problem persists? its likely the players' fault.

the offense is a mess. there's no continuity.
    there's some well executed plays followed by complete chaos. wtf???

they are third in the league in offense, their defense is the problem, and they happen to play a lot of old guys, and a lot of habitually bad defenders.

Krust Kingz

there's no well balanced offense anymore because opposing teams do not send help when felton gets around the pick.
    there's no more alley oops or open threes. woodson hasnt coutered that.

and do you have any logical explanation why he starts shump at small forward?
    [COLOR="Navy"]
    All you have to do is play Melo one on one and stop everyone else from scoring really there isnt any reason to double team. Once Melo gets in the post they collapse but no one else can make them pay for it. So your right Woody isnt a great coach never was in general. The issue isnt totally on Woody its the roster architect who should take a greater percentage of the blame. Which leads me to my next point.

Obviously you are completely unaware the Knicks have 2 viable options at PF Melo, Stat and 1 Center Chandler (Kurt Thomas cant move!).

So can you figure out a way to start another player at SF? PF? have a decent 2nd unit? So that would mean starting either White or Copeland.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Wtf is up with Jason Kidd, he looks petrified to shoot the ball and the Knicks are basically playing 3/4 on 5 on offense when thats the case.

It's because he's not a SG and his leadership is marginalized when he's afraid to play. He was never a great shooter and being used as a spot-up shooter is stupid. I'd rather see him play off the bench than see him play SG. It's beyond idiotic.

Amare has to get in the starting lineup already and that is that. Get him in there and push Melo to the 3. Then let's see how the rest of the season goes. I'd rather Kidd start at PG but, with Iman taking on a role as the season goes on...but I know he's not there yet. Hell, I'd rather see Smith start for a while. See if the free reign to be stuipd that comes with playing off the bench decreases some of the stupid.

But get Amare in and stop playing Kidd at the 2...period, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]

So can you figure out a way to start another player at SF? PF? have a decent 2nd unit? So that would mean starting either White or Copeland.[/COLOR]
    he isnt playing either of them so why not start white or copeland at the 3?
    shumpert isnt giving you anything on offense or defense at the 3.
    start jr at 3. move shump or kidd to the bench, whatever...

but starting a 6'5'' acl-surgery-returnee at small forward to go up against rudy gay, paul george, paul pierce, luol deng etc. is beyond stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    they have been doing this for years. people used to complain about david lee switching too much, same for melo, and amare. at some point you have to look at the players, and realise that they are the opnly constant.

you have changed coaches, and the problem persists? its likely the players' fault.

they are third in the league in offense, their defense is the problem, and they happen to play a lot of old guys, and a lot of habitually bad defenders.
    woodson has been the defensive coach under d'antoni too.
    landry fields was also constantly switching last year, did he switch off melo last night? hardly.

isn't it the coach's job to fix "bad habits"?
    they've been playing the same way for the last years; switching like b!tches.

this guy has the reputation of a defensive coach, yet, the knick's defense consists of random mindless switching, most of the time ending up with a mismatch.
    How many threads have you polluted with the same garbage? We need to fire you as an ISH poster.

You've been launching nonsensical attacks on Woodson for a long time. What's the real problem that you have with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    How many threads have you polluted with the same garbage? We need to fire you as an ISH poster.

You've been launching nonsensical attacks on Woodson for a long time. What's the real problem that you have with him?
    it's called an opinion.
    if you have an explanation for the knicks defensive strategy, share it.
    if you want to defend mike woodson and his style of coaching and basketball, please do so.

He did the exact same thing the whole time he was coaching the Hawks. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to change. When the opposing team was taking advantage of his switching he would never adjust.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

I bet you Knicks fans would rather have D'Antoni back at this point

Knicks have been extremely mediocre since the end of December. I actually don't mind seeing the Knicks do well, but they're probably a second round exit. Their second scoring option (JR Smith) is mentally unstable and erratic and their role players are old as dirt.

I don't think the coach is to blame. They've just come back down to earth after the hot start.

Meh, Mavs lost 9 of 11 during their championship season I'm not even close to worried.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    I bet you Knicks fans would rather have D'Antoni back at this point
    You must be kidding.

You're stuck with him, LA. We don't want him back.

it's called an opinion.
    if you have an explanation for the knicks defensive strategy, share it.
    if you want to defend mike woodson and his style of coaching and basketball, please do so.
    There's nothing to "defend". Do you think that perhaps the Knicks defensive slump has a bit more to do with injuries and the age of the roster? I do.

What you're doing is trying to put all of the team's problems on the coach, which is ridiculous.

The fact that this is some kind of vendetta is shown by your thread title. Woodson is obviously not a "joke". That would be a better description for you.

His team is 32-20, in 1st place in the Atlantic, and 3rd place in the EC. If Woodson is a "joke" what does that make all of the other coaches with worse records?

Seriously, you need to start thinking before you post. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion about Woodson's coaching deficiencies (as you see them), but leave the personal attacks alone.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Meh, Mavs lost 9 of 11 during their championship season I'm not even close to worried.

I believe dirk nowitzki had injury, and missed games the period u talk about