Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Why wouldn't he want to play in Denver anyway? He's been on the team twice before, he signed a contract with them 8-9 years ago even though he had offers from Phoenix and Houston.
    don't know, it sounded like he wanted to retire with Detroit. But so did Iverson with the nuggets... who knows. Its all speculation at this point.

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    the nba.com page says this.

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

The deal has not been finalized but the teams are holding a conference call with the league. http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/n....ap/index.html
    thatd be awesome if all we lsot was billups for ai. ill take that.
    it won't work money wise, it sounds like Samb(i think thats his name) is also going to be included along with Dyesse. Dyesee would then be waived and the nuggets would end up with Samb and Billups.

madvillain

The collective low IQ of all the Pistons haters really brings this thread down. 'Duh D-troit iz dumb Ivreson way over payed and not gud play point gard'. I hate people.

Yikes @ how ridiculous Detroit's roster may be in two years time. If you look at the money they end up saving, Joe D will probably be able to sign not one but two of the big name FA's in the next 2 summers, and probably still be a serious contender. That's unheard of in this day and age. If you don't think this is a genius move for the Pistons, just kill yourself.

Think how attractive Detroit will look in the free agent market when they can say to LeBron, 'by the way we'll also be getting one of Chris Bosh, Amare, Wade, Yao, Joe Johnson etc for you'.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Actually, I take it back. This is a very good move for Detroit. They become a wildcard for this year, Iverson could make them a lot better, and the capspace is going to be amazing. Denver I think stayed about the same.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I would love to get McDyess in LA, even though i know it wont happen. *sigh*

3-time NBA All-Star

Would be very entertaining to see Philly vs. Detroit in the playoffs.

National High School Star

I don't like Detroit, but this is a great move for them. A motivated Iverson back in the weaker East. Not to mention the $30 million + in cap room they'll have (Sheed & Iverson's expirers) after this season if things don't work out. The old team as is was NOT going to beat Boston. Not saying this one will but it gives them a chance and allows them to rebuild quickly while staying competitive this season. Denver will improve right away as well but still will not do much good for them out West. Maybe win a playoff series at best.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

WTF you were supposed to trade for Tinsley Denver!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    The collective low IQ of all the Pistons haters really brings this thread down. 'Duh D-troit iz dumb Ivreson way over payed and not gud play point gard'. I hate people.

Yikes @ how ridiculous Detroit's roster may be in two years time. If you look at the money they end up saving, Joe D will probably be able to sign not one but two of the big name FA's in the next 2 summers, and probably still be a serious contender. That's unheard of in this day and age. If you don't think this is a genius move for the Pistons, just kill yourself.

Think how attractive Detroit will look in the free agent market when they can say to LeBron, 'by the way we'll also be getting one of Chris Bosh, Amare, Wade, Yao, Joe Johnson etc for you'.
    So you're just suggesting that Detroit will not resign Rip at the end of next season?

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    WTF you were supposed to trade for Tinsley Denver!
    I wish, then we'd still have AI on the team.

So Denver traded Andre Miller, Joe Smith for AI then 2yrs later trade AI for Billups and Mcdyess. Is it me or is this pretty much a similar deal and Denver back to where they originally were?

Pistons franchise is about to fall for good

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So Denver traded Andre Miller, Joe Smith for AI then 2yrs later trade AI for Billups and Mcdyess. Is it me or is this pretty much a similar deal and Denver back to where they originally were?
    They've figured out that they were better originally than they were with AI.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    Pistons franchise is about to fall for good
    i love gp but you are a hating retard.

richie, who ya gonna root for? haha

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    Oh yeah! Detroit is such a great place to live...I'm sure all of the NBA wives want to move and shop there.