Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Actually if Kobe kept his pace, even in 7 more minutes he puts up about 13 more points. So 74/0/3 is at the very least equal to 50/9/11.
    But the thing is he didn't?
    Whats not to say Kobe would have gotten colddd?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Everybody relax. IT. WAS. THE. KNICKS.

Let's see what happens Sunday when both players face a legitimate opponent -- each other.
    Everybody relax. IT. WAS. DA. REALIST.

Don't take that post too seriously. He loves to see how people react to his childish comments.

I usually hit open layups Mr. Bryant's Avatar

Wow, Lebrick fans must be enraged.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    hello son he didn't earn a triple double if he only got 9 rebounds
    I know, I know, but you get what I'm sayin'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    I know, I know, but you get what I'm sayin'
    Did you watch the game or any of Lebrons games? most of his rebounds he gets are just his teammates leaving the ball for him, rarely does he hit the boards, box out an opponent and rebound over people, he just gets rebounds from freethrows (which he allagedly told his teammates to leave for him) or when Z and Ben are the only other people there. His triple doubles he does get I don't think are very impressive because of this fact, so I don't see why he earns a triple double he didn't get even with his teammates leaving him rebounds.

Default Re: "No triple-double for LeBron"

LOL that's great.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    Did you watch the game or any of Lebrons games? most of his rebounds he gets are just his teammates leaving the ball for him, rarely does he hit the boards, box out an opponent and rebound over people, he just gets rebounds from freethrows (which he allagedly told his teammates to leave for him) or when Z and Ben are the only other people there. His triple doubles he does get I don't think are very impressive because of this fact, so I don't see why he earns a triple double he didn't get even with his teammates leaving him rebounds.
    God, BruinLove... Could you be any dumber?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

LeBron's still paying for criticizing the league's employees on getting his 'crab dribble' wrong. That's the only way to explain this move by the league; because the NBA credits the wrong players for steals/rebounds/assists/turnovers all the time. You never see them correcting it the next day. But they take away the triple double-making rebound from the face of the league? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron's still paying for criticizing the league's employees on getting his 'crab dribble' wrong. That's the only way to explain this move by the league; because the NBA credits the wrong players for steals/rebounds/assists/turnovers all the time. You never see them correcting it the next day. But they take away the triple double-making rebound from the face of the league? Weird.
    That's what I thought when I saw the news. I don't much care if they correct it or not, but its the first time I can ever remember such a thing happening, and its certainly not the first time they made a mistake, why make a point out of it now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'd be interested in seeing just how often the league does this. I can't recall it happening... ever. But, maybe it is just that it doesn't draw as much attention in less epic performances?

You may be right, though. Ever since LeBron complained about that travel call, there was a string of games in which he couldn't buy a foul call, he was getting called for travels that were borderline at best, gotten And-1s waved off, inexplicably, and now this...

It seems that the idea of LeBron being the NBA's 'golden boy' has been greatly exaggerated.

That's funny, I'm watching the game right now cos I couldn't watch it live, and they credited a rebound to Wally that should have gone to Ben Wallace. But they didn't change it

Da Mavs

I usually hit open layups Mr. Bryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    That's what I thought when I saw the news. I don't much care if they correct it or not, but its the first time I can ever remember such a thing happening, and its certainly not the first time they made a mistake, why make a point out of it now ?
    Perhaps because a 50 point triple double is a pretty big thing and it wouldn't be right if someone was credited for one when he shouldn't have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bryant
    Perhaps because a 50 point triple double is a pretty big thing and it wouldn't be right if someone was credited for one when he shouldn't have been.
    So... It is only after a great individual performance that every play gets reviewed and scrutinized? Can we go back and watch the tape of the 1975 game for Kareem and make sure that his 50/10/10 was legit? What is the grace period for changing a statistic?

Should the league have gone back and given LeBron and the Cavs an extra two points for the And-1 that he had against Detroit that was waved off due to a bogus 'travel after the foul' call?

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Well I've never seen anything like that. Maybe it does happen, but not more than with any other player. Are you sure you know how to properly give a steal or rebound ? For example if you tip the ball and a teammate comes up with it, you get credit, not your teammate. Or if you force a jumpball and your team wins it, you get a steal.

precisely my point, you'll see Varejo or Ben Wallace tap the rebound to lebron and he's credited. (but when lebron taps it, he gets it too). seriously, sit down with a pad and pen and watch a game top to bottom, don't be overly nit-picky, give him the close calls, i bet you end up with less than the AP. I love the guy, but we're being force fed by the "what to think" networks who are making the news.