Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

NaNiWa gets released from Quantic, lets have a guess everyone what team he joins. I'd prefer that you picked only 1 team.

My pick is Startale, yes Startale. Wouldn't that be awesome ? He's quite close with players from it and his main focus is GSL.

Hope it's not EG... I like Monster energy and Steelseries products tho, won't lie

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He said he wouldn't join startale.

He left due to some financial reasons as far as I understand (not being able to properly get to events from Quantic), and he has had a falling out with SaSe.

He's either going to go the personal sponsorship route of elfi, white-ra, and Grubby (conveniently all toss players as well) or join Millenium.

Mill makes sense because they are partnered with TSL so naniwa could remain in a korean house. I would say Fnatic but as far as I understand he got kicked off of Fnatic during WC3.

Maaybe maaaybe maaaaaaaybe back to Dignitas, but they don't have korean housing options so I doubt it.

Assembly starts in just 2 days. I predict that either Hero, Taeja, or MC will win it.

Tonight Slayers and Team Liquid are playing to find out who will face LG-IM at the last IPL TAC event ever (they are changing to a new team format that will be divided into divisions and ultimately much better).

Banned

genius takes out zenio and sheth so far
    :o
    great replacement for crank, obviously since genius is better

Thorzain just said on Live on Three that Ryung left the Slayers house as well but is still on the A-team for slayers. I don't know if that was common knowledge or not.

Slayers had just gotten a new house and it's much nicer than their old ones, so I don't think it has anything to do with the house itself.

There's obviously some inner drama going on with Slayers. Nevertheless still 2nd in GSTL and up 2-1 right now over Team Liquid.

Link

"Generations" is a raw, unscripted, behind-the-scenes look at compLexity Gaming's trip to MLG Anaheim where you follow the owners, managers, players and children of the compLexity Family during the biggest StarCraft 2 event of 2012.
    Pretty cool. Going to watch this once Live on Three is over.

Banned

taeja dun did it again
    he might be on one of the hottest streaks right now wow

these new slayers shirts are alright. it'll be weird to see them in non-blue. apparently slayers will be selling some uniforms soon.

its nice to see MMA chilling with Cella and another Slayers player I don't recognize from the side. I highly doubt the Slayers drama is between Cella and anyone.

i decided to sign up for the NASL qualifiers

if i beat 1 person i'd be off the walls happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    i decided to sign up for the NASL qualifiers

if i beat 1 person i'd be off the walls happy.
    Good luck buddy!

viOLet gets a sponsorship from Azubu, a giant company based out of Germany. They sponsor a bunch of premier LoL stuff.

Rumor is that Naniwa and TOP will also be picked up by this team. There's actually a lot of good FA's on the market if they wanted to pick them all up. Among Nani and TOP, there is also players like Artist, Golden, InCa, Morrow, Sleep, SLoG, ToD, and Major.

Think I'll be playing as Zerg for the qualifiers, or at least the first one. I randomly decided to go Z and won 3 straight games. I actually feel like laddering a bit now. Placed in bronze tho The games are really low level because all the guys sucked and made big mistakes, but I wanna share them anyways

First Game is a ZvP Ohana LE. This guy was kinda bad and I could tell as soon as I initially scouted and saw gateway/forge. I go 15/15 pool first with a ling/bling mini bust cause i wanted a quick win. I would have won earlier I think but I messed up my control a bit and had lings in 2 different spots of the map and didn't notice minimap. cannon walls are effective against only ling. I lost 6 drones to VR at the 3rd which wasn't too too bad but think i coulda done that better. also, 2 baneling nests = lol. i almost did that again, for some reason I hit B when I want to make roaches.

Second game is ZvT Ohana LE. I really like Ohana as Z minus the rocks between 2nd and 3rd (didn't destroy either game, lols). I instantly saw his 2 rax and knew I should hold. Hiding the lings behind his natural's main was so ****ing smart, I'm wonderfully magnificent. I held badly. I should have thrown up that spine when he killed my ling at the xel naga and then rallied back my ling/roach. i also accidently made some lings when i meant to make roaches. nonetheless I dronepulled and killed his army cause he didn't micro at all, and I countered perfectly meanwhile (he left his depot down which I was counting on). i thought i could win once his push was dead and all my lings were alive in his base but he gg'd anyways.

Third game is ZvP Shakuras. I vetoed this map because I don't like it but for some reason still got it by chance. I opened 10 pool but he went ffe so that was negated. i made a big mistake by trying to do anything and i should have just run the lings back. i then decided to just do a roach max style, which went well because i've done it a few times before and last i practiced i got max around 13 mins which isn't too bad considering im "technically bronze" i saw the zealot/vr/stalker and instantly decided to throw up spores and just basetrade. i shoulda put spores in my main as it would have saved me 10 minutes, but whatever. i obviously destroy his base with my roaches and the game is over and he has nothing left. he hangs in with vr's and because i'm not great with infestors the game lasts a long time. i shoulda checked the base he was in, don't know why I assumed he wouldn't be able to get there. it would have been a more interesting game if he just went for base trade rather than only taking out my 3rd. i think he would have been well off because he had a warp prism out and could get to those behind rock bases. oh well, good for me.

g1 replay download
    g2 replay download
    g3 replay download

i like where i'm at all things considered. my epm is like 50-80 and apm is like 80-120 I think.

Banned

wcs korea brackets

August 6th
    Miya vs IMhorror
    Curious vs By.Sun
    PartinG vs sC
    Jaedong vs aLive

August 7th
    Polt vs IMmvp
    TAiLS vs Happy
    CoCa vs Seed
    GuMiho vs Neo.G_Soulkey

August 8th
    Creator vs DongRaeGu
    EffOrt vs Liquid`HerO
    herO[jOin] vs Puzzle
    YuGiOh vs Reality

August 9th
    dreamertt vs Genius
    Squirtle vs BBoongBBoong
    RorO vs Hack
    Leenock vs MC

damn, some big time matchups early in the bracket

yeah was just reading over those.

i think best match per day in the first round:

6th - Jaedong vs aLive
    7th - This whole day is the best overall in terms of talent. I think I'm most excited for CoCa vs Seed. All other matches should be amazing though
    8th - Creator vs DongRaeGu
    9th - Leenock vs MC

After watching Real Talk ep09 with NaNiWa I think he's probably going to Dignitas. It's quite obvious, unless they won't agree on details.