Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Roster

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Final Roster

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
    SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
    SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
    PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
    C: Howard | Hill

Thoughts?
    This is pretty good, except I want DJO and Sacre to make the team, and I believe that they will because they both have the potential to be very good defenders. So maybe something like

Nash/Duhon/Goudelock
    Bryant/Meeks/DJO
    Peace/Ebanks/Barnes
    Gasol/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Hill/Sacre

That could work. That makes Morris the oddman out. But that would be fine because we need three point shooters, and Morris can't shoot. Most importantly, DKLaker gets to see his boyfriend(Goudelock) stay in a Lakers uniform.
    Last edited by kkinchen; 08-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    I wouldn't mind us dropping Blake. I think Duhon would be a solid backup to Nash.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I agree
    What do you think of my final roster?(above) Goudelock believes he can be the next Chauncey Billups so let him learn from Nash and Duhon how to play the point guard position.

And we have to keep DJO. Put a real niggaa on Russell Westbrook. That'll slow him down.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    This is pretty good, except I want DJO and Sacre to make the team, and I believe that they will because they both have the potential to be very good defenders. So maybe something like

Nash/Duhon/Goudelock
    Bryant/Meeks/DJO
    Peace/Ebanks/Barnes
    Gasol/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Hill/Sacre

That could work. That makes Morris the oddman out. But that would be fine because we need three point shooters, and Morris can't shoot. Most importantly, DKLaker gets to see his boyfriend(Goudelock) stay in a Lakers uniform.
    KK You crack me up man

I don't think much of DJO nor Sacre......maybe I should think even less of them seeing how 24 yr old Jesse Buss is in charge of evaluating talent Those guys can play for the Defenders and prove themselves there. Hmmm....another left handed Odom

1. Blake is still with the team
    2. Let's see how Morris looks in Pre-season.....but Defenders looks to be his season too.
    3. Matt Barnes is NOT expected to return

Goudelock proved himself last year during a real NBA season, unfortunately Mike Brown is clueless.

I'm only in favor of getting a veteran BIG at this point......my list is only Kmart and Birdman. Before anyone says it...NO Darko, Darko = Mihm

KK You crack me up man

I don't think much of DJO nor Sacre......maybe I should think even less of them seeing how 24 yr old Jesse Buss is in charge of evaluating talent Those guys can play for the Defenders and prove themselves there. Hmmm....another left handed Odom

1. Blake is still with the team
    2. Let's see how Morris looks in Pre-season.....but Defenders looks to be his season too.
    3. Matt Barnes is NOT expected to return

Goudelock proved himself last year during a real NBA season, unfortunately Mike Brown is clueless.

I'm only in favor of getting a veteran BIG at this point......my list is only Kmart and Birdman. Before anyone says it...NO Darko, Darko = Mihm
    So, whats your final roster?

DK's Final Roster

PG: Nash | Blake | Duhon | Morris
    SF: Peace | Ebanks
    PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark |Kmart

I would actually prefer to see Blake traded.....but oh well.

Kobe backed up by Meeks and G-lock

Peace backed up by Ebanks gives both the proper minutes.....time to develop Ebanks

Gasol can also be used to spell minutes for Howard. I added Kmart to handle physical matchups in case Pau and Jamison are playing soft, or to just lock teams down with Duhon/Kobe/Metta/Kmart/Howard lineup at times when needed.

Howard/Hill + Gasol perfect at the C......better than any 2-3 center rotation in the league.

Let's win this Lakers!!!!!!

DK's Final Roster

PG: Nash | Blake | Duhon | Morris
    SF: Peace | Ebanks
    PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark |Kmart

I would actually prefer to see Blake traded.....but oh well.

Kobe backed up by Meeks and G-lock

Peace backed up by Ebanks gives both the proper minutes.....time to develop Ebanks

Gasol can also be used to spell minutes for Howard. I added Kmart to handle physical matchups in case Pau and Jamison are playing soft, or to just lock teams down with Duhon/Kobe/Metta/Kmart/Howard lineup at times when needed.

Howard/Hill + Gasol perfect at the C......better than any 2-3 center rotation in the league.

Let's win this Lakers!!!!!!
    I am aware that there are some important things that Blake doesn't do well like penetrating etc but the guy has a remarkable CAREER 3 pt FG% ave of 41% in the playoffs
    For the winner take all game 7 vs Denver last playoffs, Steve hit a crucial 5 of 6 3pt shots and the game was awfully close, I think Kobe "only scored" 19 pts
    Just a little sample of player's playoff career ave from the 3pt line
    Tony Parker- 29%
    Westbrook- 29 %
    Mo Williams, 34%
    Kobe Bryant, 33%.
    With creative players like Nash, Kobe and pretty good post players like Howard and Pau who will command double teams, I think it's imperative to have accurate shooters in the team.

I've always liked Steve Blake, but as he gets older, he loses so much quickness. I felt like three point shooting was the only thing he had going for him.

Perhaps if we use him as an off ball player, he might be able to get some minutes. I would prefer Duhon at this point though. He's had a better track record as a player. You all remember how well he played in Dantoni's system years ago right?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I am aware that there are some important things that Blake doesn't do well like penetrating etc but the guy has a remarkable CAREER 3 pt FG% ave of 41% in the playoffs
    For the winner take all game 7 vs Denver last playoffs, Steve hit a crucial 5 of 6 3pt shots and the game was awfully close, I think Kobe "only scored" 19 pts
    Just a little sample of player's playoff career ave from the 3pt line
    Tony Parker- 29%
    Westbrook- 29 %
    Mo Williams, 34%
    Kobe Bryant, 33%.
    With creative players like Nash, Kobe and pretty good post players like Howard and Pau who will command double teams, I think it's imperative to have accurate shooters in the team.
    Hitting a few shots SOMETIMES, but playing very poorly overall is not enough reason for being on the team....just think of Radmanovic, or Chucky Atkins, we just don't need that....and at 4 million per year under the current CBA and what comparable guys are being paid....he's making at least double what he's worth. Blake is just not a "Gamer" IMO.

Hitting a few shots SOMETIMES, but playing very poorly overall is not enough reason for being on the team....just think of Radmanovic, or Chucky Atkins, we just don't need that....and at 4 million per year under the current CBA and what comparable guys are being paid....he's making at least double what he's worth. Blake is just not a "Gamer" IMO.
    Geez, A few shots, sometimes?
    Wow.
    Just last playoffs, he converted 18 out of 43 3pt shots
    2 yrs ago, connected 6 out of 18 shots, I believe he had chicken pox or measles that is why he didn't get a lot of playing time.
    For his career, he hit 42 out of 102 attempts from beyond 24 feet.
    I understand there there were players who are over selective with their shots, hence their accuracy/FG% could be obscured.

You burnt me there a bit

I thought chucky atkins was a great offensive option next to Kobe. His defense was non-existent though.

Hopefully dwight can make things easier for guys like Blake. Who knows.

We just signed Chris Douglas Roberts, so I expect him to make our final roster.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
    Bryant/Meeks/Goudelock
    Metta/Ebanks/Douglas Roberts
    Gasol/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Hill/Sacre

Everyone else gets shipped to the DLeague and we win the NBA Championship and DLeague championship. Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBA lottery pick

I don't expect CDR to make the roster. He'll be playing in the D-League more than likely.