Decent college freshman

Default 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Jack3d) and Drug Testing

Does anybody on ISH know for certain if 1,3-Dimethylamylamine will cause a false positive for Meth on a military drug screening (at MEPS)?

I have read that, for active duty military, if you come up positive they will retest your sample with gas chromatography which will reveal the false positive. However I was unable to find if they use this same process for potential recruits at MEPS. My recruiter thinks they don't, and if I pop the first time my military career is basically over.

I pissed clean this morning with one of those cheap drug tests at the recruiter's office, but they decided I should wait to do my physical until it's clear of my system. Problem is I can't find a definitive answer on how long it will take to clear. Right now I'm scheduled for the physical 1 week from today. I have been taking 4 scoops of Jack3d 6 days a week for a couple months now.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Serious playground baller methusala's Avatar

Default Re: 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Jack3d) and Drug Testing

Different test, but this product has caused players to fail minor league baseball's drug testing program resulting in 50 game suspensions.

1,3 DMAA can show up as a false positive for amphetamines, not for certain though. I used it for a year and it fukked me up, I would personally suggest you stop using it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Does anybody on ISH know for certain if 1,3-Dimethylamylamine will cause a false positive for Meth on a military drug screening (at MEPS)?
    I have read that, for active duty military, if you come up positive they will retest your sample with gas chromatography which will reveal the false positive. However I was unable to find if they use this same process for potential recruits at MEPS. My recruiter thinks they don't, and if I pop the first time my military career is basically over.

I pissed clean this morning with one of those cheap drug tests at the recruiter's office, but they decided I should wait to do my physical until it's clear of my system. Problem is I can't find a definitive answer on how long it will take to clear. Right now I'm scheduled for the physical 1 week from today. I have been taking 4 scoops of Jack3d 6 days a week for a couple months now.

Anybody have any experience with this?
    You mean as methadone? No.
    But geranium oil has been used as a herbal equivelant to LSD's is larger doses.
    1,3,DMAA would fall under the same categories as ephedrine and other performance enhancing herbal supplements. You have to check your banned substance list

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    1,3,DMAA would fall under the same categories as ephedrine and other performance enhancing herbal supplements. You have to check your banned substance list
    I think he meant methamphetamine. Dmaa has a similar structure to amphetamine after all. I had no idea dmaa was in jack3d...some nutrition companies really don't give a sh!t do they? No offense to hateraid and his employer(not sure if your company includes this ingredient in their supplements).

I know dmaa is a poormans version of scheduled stimulants but it's still a strong stimulant and enough of it can cause harm.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I think he meant methamphetamine. Dmaa has a similar structure to amphetamine after all. I had no idea dmaa was in jack3d...some nutrition companies really don't give a sh!t do they? No offense to hateraid and his employer(not sure if your company includes this ingredient in their supplements).

I know dmaa is a poormans version of scheduled stimulants but it's still a strong stimulant and enough of it can cause harm.
    Yeah, it causes false positives for methamphetamine. A more sophisticated gas chromatography test will reveal it as a false positive, but I'm not sure the military would waste the money to retest my sample so I need to pee clean the first time.

Apparently meth itself takes 3 days to clear your system, but I couldn't find any definitive answer for DMAA. A lot of people were saying 3-5 days, a few said a week and I read a couple that said because it's actually geranium oil that it could take up to a month (because oils tend to hang around longer).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    1,3,DMAA is not banned itself, the problem is it is causing false positives for methamphetamine.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

I've been taking Jack3d for 3 weeks and I felt nothing. Only 1 scoop (as it says in the directions) per day. No rush, not more nervous than usual. Nothing.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    I've been taking Jack3d for 3 weeks and I felt nothing. Only 1 scoop (as it says in the directions) per day. No rush, not more nervous than usual. Nothing.
    Check the ingredients and see if it actually has 1,3DMAA in it. I know the FDA has banned/is in the process of banning it and I believe the newer batches of Jack3d are made without it.

Also you get a tolerance to it really quick. I take 4 scoops a day now, so I needed to take a break from it anyway.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Check the ingredients and see if it actually has 1,3DMAA in it. I know the FDA has banned/is in the process of banning it and I believe the newer batches of Jack3d are made without it.

Also you get a tolerance to it really quick. I take 4 scoops a day now, so I needed to take a break from it anyway.
    It has. I's from the older batches. I don't have the balls to take more that 1 and half scoop. I've heard some guys being fuc*k*ed up by doing so. Some kid even died around here by taking 5 scoops a day.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    1,3 DMAA can show up as a false positive for amphetamines, not for certain though. I used it for a year and it fukked me up, I would personally suggest you stop using it completely.
    In what way did it fukk you up?

코비=GOAT

1,3,DMAA is not banned itself, the problem is it is causing false positives for methamphetamine.
    Why is it a problem that it causes a false positive? All positives are confirmed by more advanced methods as you said and seeing dmaa is not banned, what do you have to worry about?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Why is it a problem that it causes a false positive? All positives are confirmed by more advanced methods as you said and seeing dmaa is not banned, what do you have to worry about?
    I know they do the more advanced screening for active duty personnel, but I don't know if they do it for potential recruits. My recruiter doesn't think they do. The reason is the cheap tests cost like $2 and the more advanced ones are closer to $200 each.

I tried to find a definitive answer on google but I couldn't, and if they don't that's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

Also someone negged me for this thread and called me a meth head

코비=GOAT

I know they do the more advanced screening for active duty personnel, but I don't know if they do it for potential recruits. My recruiter doesn't think they do. The reason is the cheap tests cost like $2 and the more advanced ones are closer to $200 each.

I tried to find a definitive answer on google but I couldn't, and if they don't that's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

Also someone negged me for this thread and called me a meth head
    Do you know how many otc drugs and broad spectrum antibiotics show up as false positives on elementary tests? I don't know firsthand but I'm sure they confirm initial positives at a certified lab. What do you mean tests that are $2 or $200? They send them to a lab.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Do you know how many otc drugs and broad spectrum antibiotics show up as false positives on elementary tests? I don't know firsthand but I'm sure they confirm initial positives at a certified lab. What do you mean tests that are $2 or $200? They send them to a lab.
    Immunoassay tests are the cheap ones, those are just the double line tests with the strip they stick in the pee cup. The gas chromatography mass spectometry tests are the expensive ones.

Both of the Navy recruiters in the office said the military won't spend the money on an expensive test for potential recruits. Understand that I am not in the military yet, this is for MEPS (Military Entrance Processing and Screening). They also called the Chief Petty Officer responsible for recruiting in my area and he also thought I should wait.