Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendar
    If Thomas has a promise at number 2. I would for sure trade the #1 down to #3. Though, I'm not sure if the Bobcats would do that unless they wanted Thomas, which is unlikely since they are prob targeting Morrison, Gay or Roy.
    Tyrus Thomas' Top 3 Promise isn't necessarily from Chicago, it very well could be a promise from Toronto, though it's doubtful. The Portland Trailblazers are attempting to move up to #1 because they have strong interest in Adam Morrison. Therefore, if the Bobcats want Morrison, they may need to go to #1to get him. However, there is talks that since Michael Jordan is now part owner of Charlotte, that he makes all final decisions on players, and that he would like Brandon Roy.

I usually hit open layups Zalendar's Avatar

I really doubt that the Raps would give a promise to Thomas without even having worked him out.

i don't think very highly of telfair at all... im rather suprised that the only two players that are untouchable on the portland roster are jack and webster. but when i look again at their roster... it kinda makes sense... they SUCK.

i agree with pistol pete that tyrus thomas would be the WORST #1 overall selection for the raps... WORST!

bargnani, aldridge, gay, morrison... i could live with all 4 if colangelo thought one of them was above the others... but ty thomas?

also, halphbreed... james and bonner for ridnour and wilcox? you've gone mad, man. they would never pull a trade like that, i don't care how enamoured they are with james.

wilcox had some great games with seattle and is a RFA... he's not going anywhere.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by the next
    Why is everyone so high on Pryzbilla. The guy may be a great defender against the likes of a Shaq or Yao but 78 games out of 82 he is going to hurt us with his lack of speed and inability to keep up with the back and forth tempo that BC wants to impose on this team. That's assuming he even lasts 82 without landing on the injured reserve.

Personally I'd like to see us make an offer to RFA Chris Wilcox. I think he'd be great in the center position for the Raps and Lord knows he can fly up and down with the rest of that team. Plus I heard Seattle was interested in Mike James so there might be a S&T possibility there.
    we are high on Pryzbilla coz he rebs and blks.
    2 things raptors are horrible at.

i am not so sure wilcox is gonna be that great playing center.
    he's a natural PF and he would be undersized as a C.

Local High School Star

but about Joey Graham, he ain't really that fast
    he was second fastest (to Chris Paul) and number one overall at last years predraft combine.. He's definitely a good athelete just needs to learn how to play the game

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Well I think whoever said that Tyrus Thomas is a bad pick has another thing coming. Tyrus Thomas, Andrea Bargnani, Lamarcus Aldridge or Rudy Gay will be our pick. I was readin Gay and Thomas's profiles on the Raptors Draft page Scout report and they are both freaks when it comes to blcoking and dunking and they aren't afraid to get banged around. With that, why wouldn't we want someone that has a long arm span and that likes to get in there.

How tall is Bargnani actually? NBA says 6'10" but other pages say 7'1"....so?

Lamarcus Aldridge would be a great pick for the reasons we need a center. But a lot of people need to realize that not a lot of people can be a great center these days. They come along about every once every 3 years. Maybe more. But Aldridge has a good scouting report BUT as other people have said, these are hilites. not actual game footage.

Bargnani has height, great blocking, and a nice outside shot. But he needs more weight, more actual knowledge of the NBA game, and he also needs a little more crashing the boards type style. He might be tall, but that don't make him a big rebounder.

That is my view on it. Criticism I love, so if you wanna tell me something you find wrong with what i said, go ahead....

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

im 90% sure the rpas need to trade picks with portland so we can sang aldridge at #4 and get something else in return (telfair couple of draft picks what ever)

if portland pick 1st they WILL go with morrison

chicago reportadly have a promise for thomas

the bobcats really like gay and they have no need for aldirdge having drafted may and okafor

aldridge falls nicely to us

however i do really like rudy gay aswell

I usually hit open layups Zalendar's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bobcats drafted Roy at 3.

I think that trading down to the 4th or 6th spot (assuming that the Hawks are drafting Sheldon Williams like it is rumoured) could work really well for the Raps.

Unless their interested in Bargnani and Aldridge is like a smoke screen and they want Roy or something instead.

Learning to shoot layups

I think we all have to remember that we're drafting a ROOKIE. That means that he's not going to fill the need immediately. Whether we draft Bargnani, Aldridge, Thomas, or anybody else, we have to remember, especially if we draft a big man, that they are going to take time to develop.

Personally I'm a fan of drafting Bargnani. I think that when you are a rookie you have to learn to do what the coach needs you to do, and that may take a couple of years. I wouldn't say that Aldridge is the safe choice at all. If Aldridge is a prototypical Center, and Bargnani isn't. I'd still rather take Bargnani.

Keep in mind big men take time to develop. If we have Bargnani, he's going to have to put on some size and learn to bang in the NBA. But that's true of any Center that we get as a rookie. There aren't many centres that were drafted into the NBA and didn't need to put on size and learn how to bang. If I'm going to teach a rookie to do the dirty work and be patient while he adds some muscle, I'm taking the guy who has the athleticism and the outside shot over the guy that isn't going to be more than a banger and an inside player.

Just because Bargnani has an outside game shouldn't exclude him from being an inside player in the NBA.

Imagine the Raps on a fast break with Araujo, the guy could be wide open for a mid range jumper but the defense wouldn't have to respect it. Now imagine the same fast break with Bargnani running the floor. If he's open for a midrange shot, or an outside shot, the defense will have to respect that, which pulls the opposing Center away from the basket, leaving Bosh underneath with one less defender/rebounder. It's NEVER a bad thing to have a center with a shooting touch, you just have to make sure that you use that shooting skill wisely.

If we draft Bargnani, he'll need to learn to bang and play the inside game, but his shooting touch will force the defenders that used to stay inside to have to go outside to contest the shot. If the opposing center is not in position for the rebound, that will help Toronto's rebounding, and if he's not in the paint to contest shots, that will help Chris Bosh's game.

We've got to look at the entire picture.

Saw a basketball once

Default You've Got It All Wrong Guys

BARGANI IS GOING TO BE A FLOP!!!
    IMO Aldridge
    Thomas
    Gay
    Morrison
    Carney
    b4 Bargani
    And the signing of trevor ariza wud be good, but then thered be too many SFs

Saw a basketball once

Picking Bargani does worry me but the potential of him being the next-gen bigman is very intriguing.

After that interview from Thomas and his attitude problems i'm glad toronto didn't invite him to workout, no way i'd want that type of attitude on my team

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaMan
    ChinaMan

hahhahaha... nice Cliff...

Default Re: I want the Raptors to draft Bargnani!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    if the raps could trade #1 to boston for #7 and kendrick perkins it would be perfect for us

however if we draft bargnani that is probably what will happen (loaded up front, thin at the back)

i really do ot want bargnani
    WOW, so just imagine if he had gotten Perkins and lets say Rudy Gay instead of Bargs.

edit: after re-reading this whole thread I honestly can't believe brwnman was saying these things. you were so wrong man, hahaha. hate to say it.
    Last edited by bokes15; 01-22-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: I want the Raptors to draft Bargnani!!!

It's funny how a lot of us were so right about Rudy Gay. What in the hell caused those few teams to pass on him?

I remember the only players I was interested in at #1 were Gay, Aldridge and Bargnani.