Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Scarface/Tony Montana and Black People

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    [/B]

You've got to be kidding me - that was clear as day. Not everything has to be spelled out in big letters for it to be clear.
    It was never made clear.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Black people dont like mayo right? Why not, how the **** can you eat a BLT sandwich without mayo? mayo is ****ing delicious. Combine Mayo and ketchup you have fry sauce.

People looking down on white people for liking Mayo is just as ridiculous as looking down on black people for the stereotype of liking fried chicken and watermelon.

Fried Chicken is delicious 99% of the time. You give me left over cold fried chicken and i still love it. Watermelon is the most refreshing of all fruit. On a hot sunny day nothing beats watermelon.

I have never understood the negative connotations attached to mayo, fried chicken and watermelon. All 3 are delicious. If it weren't for how unhealthy mayo and fried chicken are I would eat them almost everyday. But i eat fried chicken at a minimum of once a month. I cannot eat a sandwich without mayo, it just feels wrong to me. Ketchup+mayo >>>>>> ketchup alone for a fry dipping sauce.

And now that I think of it I am going to go buy a watermelon tomorrow. Love them.

Edit: white people like scarface too, its a good movie.
    I like Mayo
    Mayo in a chicken steak burger with cheese and hash brown lawd ah mercy

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I have never understood the negative connotations attached to mayo,
    My guess is because the food itself is white? It is sort of being covertly racist while being directly racist. You get two racists in one package!

I think mayo is an acquired taste, I don't particularly like it, but I never really ate much of it when I was growing up. Pretty much like any other weird culture specific foods. It is easy to turn your nose up to "weird" foods. But most other foods don't have that double connotation. Mayo is weird AND white.

Mayo is the shit, I cant eat any meat without mayo. Beef, pork, chicken breast is all better with smooth mayo. Lamb is the only thing that needs no sauce.

One time I mixed mayo, ketchup, mustard and ranch together and got an amazing sauce that goes with everything. You guys should try it, it turns into a dark yellow spicy smooth sour sweet deliciousness.

Scarface sucked, Pacino's goofiest role. And Denzel in Training Day and Man on Fire is in fact my favorite character as far as black actors go. On white side I like Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge and from Latinos the guy from No Country For Old Men. I never understood the admiration for those gangster types in Godfather, Scarface, Goodfellas and such.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I used to love Scarface...still do

Why? Because its a really good movie...Pacinos best role IMO

Never had a Scraface movie poster hanging on my wall or anything, but do like the movie

Mike Corleone is Pacino's best role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Denzel in traning day should replace Tony Montana for black people. Young Italians should become Tony Montana stans.
    I know Al Pacino is Italian but isn't the character Tony Montana a Cuban

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    It's an assumption that is an attractive conclusion based on how adamantly Gina states it in her coked-up rage, but there is nothing that prevents the alternative (overprotective possessiveness) from being just as true.

One of the fun ambiguous features of the film that keeps fans talking about the movie.

Its pretty clear what the director/screenwriter want the audience to infer. It is a movie after all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Mike Corleone is Pacino's best role.
    pffft. It was playing himself in Jack and Jill.

Scarface is awesome, just because you don't like it as much as others doesn't make it a cartoon film.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Its pretty clear what the director/screenwriter want the audience to infer. It is a movie after all.

"Pretty clear" is a matter of opinionated assumption. We could go back and forth about this all day and neither one of us would be right, because the script left it open-ended and mysterious for a reason. The same reason why the contents of the briefcase in 'Pulp Fiction' are never revealed and have people discussing it.

I personally don't think Tony Montana was incestuous with his sister, because he's a guy who took what he wanted. Elvira was one of his motivations to get Frank out of the way, and when he did he went after her hard. Whenever he beat up the guy in the club restroom or killed Manny, his attitude towards Gina was basically, "Go clean yourself up, stop being a whore".

He seemed like a dude who just wanted his little sister to remain an angel. I don't think there was anything sexual there, or he would have made a stronger attempt.

he was just an overly protective brother. Manny was a known man whore and he didn't want his sister to end up as one of Manny's conquests. if his sister and manny had come to Tony ahead of time and explained that they were actually in love i doubt Tony would have reacted the way he did.

Exactly.

Self-delusional people just don't want to believe it so they can keep idolising Montana.

So funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Exactly.

Self-delusional people just don't want to believe it so they can keep idolising Montana.

So funny.
    "Pretty clear" and "it is a movie after all".

Wow, I'm convinced. Strong arguments there.

I don't idolize Montana, btw. I'm just analyzing the script.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    he was just an overly protective brother. Manny was a known man whore and he didn't want his sister to end up as one of Manny's conquests. if his sister and manny had come to Tony ahead of time and explained that they were actually in love i doubt Tony would have reacted the way he did.
    Spot-on.

I would also agree with this answer... Seems tony montana was like alot of older brothers/dad type figures. He had that attitude where he was gonna do dirt, but he was gonna try and keep Gina away from it.. He even tried to make some good use of his money by trying to give it to his mother...

you know old cliche where the rich criminal tries to make amends by trying to put his money to good use..

He was just fanatical about keeping Gina pure.. He would have trouble with any dude, but no way in hell would let Manny have her..

Thank you. You saved me from having to write it myself. But I would also like to add that Tony didn't have anyone that loved him except his sister. So naturally he's going to be over protective of her. Especially when you throw in his 'gangsta' mentality.

Lol@incest. You guys couldn't be more wrong.