Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Let's go. First stop lottery!

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

#1 pick!

I'd look to trade it. They don't need a young 3 man bigs rotation though Noel could make some sense coming off injury. He might not be back until mid December and than could be sent to D-League for rehab for a while than if he forces their hand with his play there they could make a move. Might be in tank mode by that point of the season anyway. With Favors possibly in line for a Hibbert type contract it would be a lot easier to let him go with Noel sounding like the same type of defensive presence.

One scout says McLemore is better than Ray Allen But others don't think much of him.

C.J. McCollum sounds like the best fit at the one to me and he is projected to be picked in the middle of the first.

Could look at a sf. With Burks and Hayward running the offense there might be room for another young guy there and a posssible replacement for G if he gets a Batum like deal thrown at him.

Other than a combo guard to play alongside Burks and G they should be looking at guys to leave in Europe or the D-League unless they are better than the young guys they alreay have and I'm not sure those players are in this draft so trades are fine with me.

With a GM from SA I hope they start using their formula. They used the D-League for a while this year. Not sure why Murphy didn't go back there after they got healthier though?

Could look at the best player available and once Paul signs with the Clpps and Bledsoe becomes available they can make their move for him.

[QUOTE]Bill Oram: Marvin Williams, who has an early out: "I haven

David Locke: Dennis Lindsey "Tyrone Corbin is our coach and has the Miller family full support." Twitter @Lockedonsports

Bill Oram: Lindsey: "By and large Ty did an outstanding job of managing nine pending free agents and four quality big men." Twitter @tribjazz
    Not surprising. Couldn't see them eating his contract. Whatever complaints you might have about him I'd argue that they have overachieved the past two years.

The talk that things would be different with Jerry are funny too. I had similar complaints about Jerry but nothing would have changed. Ty was slow to make adjustments but he has. You can see him growing with his young team.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.

[QUOTE]I

Jason Washburn from the University of Utah has been invited to work out for the Jazz before the draft. I assume Brandon Davies of BYU will too. Maybe Noah Harstock again since he was still rehabbing last year when they brought him in.

My biggest problem with Corbin was his rotations, but I imagine that'll clear itself up a bit next year with one or both of Jefferson and Millsap leaving.

All up for trading the pick, they have a young enough core, so you need to start adding some firepower that fits with what they're building with.

I think Marvin will stay, unless he gets a long term $6 million+ offer elsewhere, which I cannot see happening.

Yeah I think you have to look at the team the front office has given him and what he inherited. You can't put it all on him. Next year should truly be his team and we can judge him a lot more harshly.

Marvin won't opt out I'm sure but he has an expiring contract that needs to be moved even if it means bringing back more money/years etc. Just like they took on his ETO to get rid of Harris' expiring contract and shitty play.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-19-2013 at 04:27 AM.

With three and a half point guards on the team — the three being veteran free agents and the half being a two-guard who is unlikely to make a career at the position, the Utah Jazz are bound to make changes at the point guard position in the offseason. Deseret News
    They forgot McNeal who I could see being back on the cheap if he impresses this summer and in the fall. As a combo guard he could fit with G and Burks more than the 2 old guys anyway. One of which has to go! Hopefully Watson.

Mo Williams did say he would love to return to the team that drafted him with the 47th pick back in the 2003 NBA Draft and then re-acquired him this past offseason in a four-team trade with the Los Angeles Clippers. “Absolutely, they know that,” he said. “First off, I was drafted here. This was the organization that gave me a shot when I first came in the league when I was a young pup. I’m at a point in my career where stability is the key and this is an organization that is top notch and cares about winning.” Deseret News

Tinsley, who joined the Jazz in 2011 after spending a season in the D-League, is grateful to the Jazz for giving him a chance and expressed a desire to stick around another year. “I would love to come back here, but that ain’t up to me,” he said. “I don’t control that, I let my agent control that.” Deseret News

Watson, who injured his right knee late in the 2012 season and rehabbed throughout the offseason, was uncertain about his plans for next year. “I don’t know, I don’t know,” he said. “It’s a long way from now. The first thing is to get healthy. My main thing now is getting healthy, because if I can’t contribute 100 percent healthy, I’d rather contribute doing something else.” Deseret News
    So Watson has been playing hurt? That's news.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-19-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Yeah I think you have to look at the team the front office has given him and what he inherited. You can't put it all on him. Next year should truly be his team and we can judge him a lot more harshly.

Marvin won't opt out I'm sure but he has an expiring contract that needs to be moved even if it means bringing back more money/years etc. Just like they took on his ETO to get rid of Harris' expiring contract and shitty play.
    Yea, I do understand that he wasn't in a clear situation, where normally a team is tanking or trying to make the playoffs and the Jazz are/were kind of caught between both.

All for Tinsley returning, Watson can leave. Williams would be a good guy to keep around for a few years if they can find a young PG who needs time to develop. Also could play SG/6th man role if they managed to get Blesdoe or someone like that. You would think they could sign him to a decently priced 3 year deal.

Need to use Mo off the ball more rather he is starting or coming off the bench.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/...e-Carroll.html

That hard-nosed effort paid off multiple times for him throughout the year and earned coach Tyrone Corbin's respect.
    It did? Why did he keep getting benched?

Carroll, a free agent, is not likely to return next year. Still looking for an opportunity to make a major name for himself, Carroll will not command a high payroll next year. During the 2012-13 season, Carroll made $885,120, and though he increased his value with his energy play, he'll be a role player no matter where he goes next year.
    Why won't he be back? He's worth a contract like Evans got that's for sure. 2-3 million a year I'd think. 4 on the high side maybe.

On summer plans: "Actually to get better. My whole mindset is I'm going to try to get film on guys like Bruce Bowen and come back even better and be a corner knockdown 3-point shooter. I'm just going to be overall better. I'm more hungry (now) and I think my game has improved and I can only get better."

Quotable: "For me, it was a great season. I've been blessed. This is my best season I've had since I've been in the NBA and I think I showed, proven myself, that I'm a great rotational player."
    I like him better than Bowen. I wouldn't call him a great rotational player. Ideally he's an end of the bench energy guy but he should have been playing ahead of Marvin this year certainly! I hope he's back at the right price. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in him around the league though.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/1/Alec-Burks.html

A versatile combo guard, Burks' strong suit is creating plays by driving to the basket or taking quick catch-and-shoot threes from the perimeter. He is at his best when he is paired in the backcourt with a pure point guard that can set him up on a number of different plays.
    Don't think catch and shoot 3's are his strong suit and I think he was at his best when he got to play the 1.

Quotable: "I got to play multiple positions. I got better throughout the year. I feel like my in between game should get a lot better."
    I think the sky is the limit with him. Last year he just put his head down and drove to the rim. I wondered if he could play within the offense and he showed a lot this year. Really looking forward to seeing him get big minutes(hopefully) next year at 3 positions.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/3/Jeremy-Evans.html

Evans is under contract for two more years, and with the likely departure of at least one big man ahead of him in the rotation, it's reasonable to say he could get more minutes in an increased role next season.
    I like him and think he might be able to be a rotational player in the league if given the chance especially after seeing him hit some jumpers late in the year but I don't want to see him in rotation with two other young guys. Need a seasoned vet in the mix. A great energy guy at the end of the bench anyway.