Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The game was still tied/within a possession when Klay got injured

It sucks that the Warriors only had 3 allstars instead of 5 and it obviously would be a lot sweeter full strength vs full strength but it was still basically a tied back and forth when Klay went down. There are no guarantees that the Warriors win if Klay was still in the game like people are so confidently claiming. Also Iggy went absolutely off offensively like he never has in these past 5 finals.

Go...Raps...GO

Default Re: The game was still tied/within a possession when Klay got injured

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    It sucks that the Warriors only had 3 allstars instead of 5 and it obviously would be a lot sweeter full strength vs full strength but it was still basically a tied back and forth when Klay went down. There are no guarantees that the Warriors win if Klay was still in the game like people are so confidently claiming. Also Iggy went absolutely off offensively like he never has in these past 5 finals.

Go...Raps...GO
    The Raptors were 2-1 in games in which Klay played but Durant didnt. It would have been 3-1 if not for Durant scoring 11 on 5shots in 12 minutes to finish with a +6 in a 1 point win. The Raptors were out playing GS with Klay. He didnt matter. The Warrior's only chance would have been had KD been healthy.

Y'all can't pretend Klay not playing the final 18 minutes when he was the best player on the floor and in what ended up being a one possession game didn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Y'all can't pretend Klay not playing the final 18 minutes when he was the best player on the floor and in what ended up being a one possession game didn't matter
    Nobody needs to "pretend" anything. The facts are that Rsptors had outplayed and were beating Golden State on the whole when Klay was playing. Klay was shooting 66% and was on fire and it was still only a 1 possession game despite that. At some point,you regress to the mean.

If Curry had played like his regular season self this game wouldn't have been close

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Nobody needs to "pretend" anything. The facts are that Rsptors had outplayed and were beating Golden State on the whole when Klay was playing. Klay was shooting 66% and was on fire and it was still only a 1 possession game despite that. At some point,you regress to the mean.
    The Warriors were 2-1 this series when Klay was able to play the full game

Warriors have 5 stars, ok...

But, what about Raptors?

Kawhi?
    Lowry?
    Gasol?
    Siakam?
    Ibaka?

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola
    Warriors have 5 stars, ok...

But, what about Raptors?

Kawhi?
    Lowry?
    Gasol?
    Siakam?
    Ibaka?
    None of them lottery picks. ZERO. Rag tag band of scrubs that no one wanted picked up from the trash bin and molded by a brilliant organization. Built the right way: Organically.

Logic dictates that if Klay was playing in what ended up being a one possession game, you'd have to assume he'd at minimum make up a one basket difference

We'll obviously never know for sure, but I think the Warriors win last night if Klay finishes the game

NBA All-star

Not a good trend for the NBA when young players starting to become injury prone

Logic dictates that if Klay was playing in what ended up being a one possession game, you'd have to assume he'd at minimum make up a one basket difference

We'll obviously never know for sure, but I think the Warriors win last night if Klay finishes the game
    I get what you're trying to say but that's the incorrect logic and doesn't guarantee a victory. With Klay in the game all the variables change. No one knows what the end result would be. Klay was an absolute beast last night but again nothing guaranteed. It's all fantasy.

Warriors fought hard and with heart. Very commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I get what you're trying to say but that's the incorrect logic and doesn't guarantee a victory. With Klay in the game all the variables change. No one knows what the end result would be. Klay was an absolute beast last night but again nothing guaranteed. It's all fantasy.

Warriors fought hard and with heart. Very commendable.
    So why have you said repeatedly that GS wins game 5 and the title in 2016 if Draymond plays?

Local High School Star

Raptors were clearly better than GS with only Klay. With Durant ... probably they wouldn't be, but it would still be close. I think the series goes 7 games with Durant and Klay at full strength. Raptors had great chemistry, balance, depth, and a closer in Kawhi. They kept GS off balance and on their heels the whole series, even with Klay at full strength.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying but I look at it a little differently. I dont think he could have continued to hit at the rate he was hitting because it was unsustainable. He did have Golden State up by a possession after shooting 66% from the field and from 3. At some point, you start missing. For all I know, you're right and they win the game. But in my opinion, we'll never know, because I dont think he would have stayed white hot the rest of the game. At some point, fatigue plays a role.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying but I look at it a little differently. I dont think he could have continued to hit at the rate he was hitting because it was unsustainable. He did have Golden State up by a possession after shooting 66% from the field and from 3. At some point, you start missing. For all I know, you're right and they win the game. But in my opinion, we'll never know, because I dont think he would have stayed white hot the rest of the game. At some point, fatigue plays a role.
    Your point is true but kind of irrelevant. Klay just has to be more efficient than the guy he replaces those minutes which he is. Also takes away shots from less efficient shooters like iggy, dray, and even curry. Tor also cooled off the end of the game so saying he went out when the game was tied is simplistic. It is uncertain what happens however but it’s logical to say gs has a good chance of winning.

On the whole, looneys injury was an underrated loss. Having cousins in killed their defense which was really the reason they lost. Having to play cook for offense really hurt too. Tbf curry had a bad defensive series too.