Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default David West opts out of Hornets contract, becomes free agent

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6707803

Where do you think the best landing spot for West is? I think he'd be great beside Dwight, but they don't have the resources to land him.

New Jersey has been one of his rumored landing spots, but I don't think they need to take on a player with West's salary range after they botched up and signed Outlaw last year.

Denver would be a good fit, but it'd need to be a sign and trade. Indiana would work really well. Actually, they'd be almost ideal. Milwaukee would work fit wise, but I don't see anyone wanting to go to that mess of a team, and it'd have to be a sign and trade. San Antonio would be another great fit, but again, it'd need to be a sign and trade.

Default Re: David West to opt-out

The title of this thread should be "End of New Orleans Hornets". Paul won't re-sign now, the league won't want to own a dead duck team. Then Charlotte will probably change back to the hornets.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    The title of this thread should be "End of New Orleans Hornets". Paul won't re-sign now, the league won't want to own a dead duck team. Then Charlotte will probably change back to the hornets.
    The league really needs to relocate the Hornets to Seattle, and call them the Sonics. And then like you said, the Bobcats become the Hornets.
    So,
    New Orleans Hornets become Seattle Sonics
    Charlotte Bobcats become Charlotte Hornets

Also, I think the Pacers should sign West, and let him completely heal before playing him, they have two capable power forwards already for the short term. I also think they should trade Hibbert in a S&T for Greg Oden, and let him heal completely. They should try re-sign Dunleavy Jr and Foster for peanuts, while waiving (or buying-out) D. Jones and Ford.
    PG: Collison/ Hill/ Price
    SG: George/ Rush/ Stephenson
    SF: Granger/ Dunleavy Jr./ Posey
    PF: West/ Hansborough/ McRoberts
    CT: Oden/ Foster/ S. Jones

That's a 4 seed right there (assuming they keep good health)

I think this is the first sign

Are we setting ourselves up for a CP3-headed-to-the-lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I think this is the first sign

Are we setting ourselves up for a CP3-headed-to-the-knicks?
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    fixed
    What are the Knicks going to offer? Billups, Shumpert and Fields? LOL! Turrible.

If he goes anywhere, it's to the Rockets (youngsters), Lakers (Bynum or Gasol), Celtics (Rondo) or someone similar with a good player/s to give back. Main part of the trade in (brackets)

Wow.

This is really a questionable decision considering that West is coming off of major knee surgery to repair his ACL/MCL, is already 30, and has basically suggested hes worth more than the $8 Million hes been paid.

Honestly, I think the best case scenario for him is to hope he can work out a longterm deal with the Hornets. The only problem is that with the NBA owning them, David West having a longterm deal along with Okafor will actually make the franchise look less attractive to a buyer.

This is without a doubt a sign of the end if New Orleans cant bring him back, I know they like Carl Landry but West is a better & more consistent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    What are the Knicks going to offer? Billups, Shumpert and Fields? LOL! Turrible.

If he goes anywhere, it's to the Rockets (youngsters), Lakers (Bynum or Gasol), Celtics (Rondo) or someone similar with a good player/s to give back. Main part of the trade in (brackets)
    I don't see why the Lakers want him

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    I don't see why the Lakers want him
    True.

I honestly dont see them trading Bynum for CP3. Bynum is more important to their team as CP3 could be due to the fact he is their starting Center with an upside.

If anything Bynum gets moved for Howard, if not then he stays a Laker.
    Last edited by Rowe; 06-27-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Looking around the league, I cant really think of a starting fit for a team under the cap.

If hes willing to take the MLE then he must be willing to be trying to win titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Looking around the league, I cant really think of a starting fit for a team under the cap.
    Pacers

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I like West, but not even taking the injury and any potential recovery problems into account, I just dunno. He'll be 31 by the time any season starts, he probably wants something starting at at least ~9 mil. He's just an average defender, not an elite rebounder, doesn't protect the rim.

Could do a lot worse than him, but he's a bit too old to go with the core guys and doesn't provide the frontline defense and rebounding that we'd ideally get from a guy we're spending that kind of money on. And yeah, he just shredded his knee.

I could maybe be talked into it, there're worse fits, but I'm not a big fan of chasing him.

NBA lottery pick

Stupid decision, even without his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I like West, but not even taking the injury and any potential recovery problems into account, I just dunno. He'll be 31 by the time any season starts, he probably wants something starting at at least ~9 mil. He's just an average defender, not an elite rebounder, doesn't protect the rim.

Could do a lot worse than him, but he's a bit too old to go with the core guys and doesn't provide the frontline defense and rebounding that we'd ideally get from a guy we're spending that kind of money on. And yeah, he just shredded his knee.

I could maybe be talked into it, there're worse fits, but I'm not a big fan of chasing him.
    this is 100% correct.

David West isnt really that good anyway. He was rocking with CP3 in his 2 All Star appearances. He's just an undersized jump shooting PF that doesnt really do anything else for you other than that. And to add on to the fact that he's coming back from a season ending injury in his 30's.

.... he would be a nice piece for the Pacers though
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 06-27-2011 at 06:19 AM.