Default Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

CSKA vs. Bilbao

Siena vs. Olympiacos

Panathinaikos vs. Maccabi

Barcelona vs. Kazan

Discuss.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

CSKA , Barcelona , PAO and Olympiacos will win . I think Olympiacos isnt better team than Siena but they will want to have their revenge for last season so they will have more motive and a better coach .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    CSKA , Barcelona , PAO and Olympiacos will win . I think Olympiacos isnt better team than Siena but they will want to have their revenge for last season so they will have more motive and a better coach .
    IMO Siena will win, but I have to admit I haven't watched any Olympiacos games recently, just the ones from the first group stage.

Last year Pianigiani coached circles around Ivkovic. Olympiacos managed to lose 3-1 to Siena, despite having a superior team and home court advantage, and it was mostly because Ivkovic got totally out coached by Pianigiani.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Last year Pianigiani coached circles around Ivkovic. Olympiacos managed to lose 3-1 to Siena, despite having a superior team and home court advantage, and it was mostly because Ivkovic got totally out coached by Pianigiani.
    I dont think so . OLY lost because they thought they were a lot better and underestemated Siena , that happens when you destroy your opponent in game 1 . If Teodosic wasnt injured Oly would won . You will see when top 8 starts .

I dont think so . OLY lost because they thought they were a lot better and underestemated Siena , that happens when you destroy your opponent in game 1 . If Teodosic wasnt injured Oly would won . You will see when top 8 starts .
    Olympiacos lost Rasho to injury (his career ended), Teodosic had a minor back injury, and Spanoulis had a rather serious abdominal injury...........so what?

They still had a much better team, home court, and lost the series rather easily. They lost the last 3 games without much of a fight. All through the series, Ivkovic was severely out coached.

If Olympiacos wins this year it will have nothing to do with what happened last year. Ivkovic got out coached big time last year. Regardless of whatever his career is compared to Pianigiani (obviously not even close)...........I am just talking about the series last year.

If Olympiacos wins this year it won't be due to coaching. It will be due to Spanoulis going crazy or something. Which is a bit doubtful, considering he has another injury this year (ankle).
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-05-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Answer my pm's Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    No comments on the matchups?

Olympiacos lost Rasho to injury (his career ended), Teodosic had a minor back injury, and Spanoulis had a rather serious abdominal injury...........so what?

They still had a much better team, home court, and lost the series rather easily. They lost the last 3 games without much of a fight. All through the series, Ivkovic was severely out coached.

If Olympiacos wins this year it will have nothing to do with what happened last year. Ivkovic got out coached big time last year. Regardless of whatever his career is compared to Pianigiani (obviously not even close)...........I am just talking about the series last year.

If Olympiacos wins this year it won't be due to coaching. It will be due to Spanoulis going crazy or something. Which is a bit doubtful, considering he has another injury this year (ankle).
    Why do you act like Siena was bad last season ? They played best defense in Europe and were playing great , they lost only 3 or 4 games before playing against Oly . If 3 important Oly players werent healthy than they couldnt been favorites .

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    No comments on the matchups?
    I'm currently writting as a free columnist for a new website and i'm going to write an article about this games when it's time.
    Check it out:

http://thehoopsplace.wordpress.com/

Euroleague can you translate me what Obradovic said for sport24 ? I only know that he said he will never take a job in Red Star or Olympiacos , that he would even say hi to Spanoulis because he plays for Olympiacos now and that he was offered to coach in summer league but he declined . Is that all he said or is there more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I sent you a PM.

Why do you act like Siena was bad last season ? They played best defense in Europe and were playing great , they lost only 3 or 4 games before playing against Oly . If 3 important Oly players werent healthy than they couldnt been favorites .
    This is certainly true. But I am just saying that during the series, Pianigiani was the better coach. To me, Siena is the 2nd best team in Europe at the moment. So it will take a lot for Olympiacos to win them, especially with no home court advantage.

And although Ivkovic is a great coach obviously, so is Pianigiani, so I really do not see any coaching advantage to be honest. Ivkovic is better at drawing up plays for sure, but Pianigiani is better at in game adjustments, and they are both are great at preparing a team. So I don't see a lot of coaching advantage there.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Euroleague can you translate me what Obradovic said for sport24 ? I only know that he said he will never take a job in Red Star or Olympiacos , that he would even say hi to Spanoulis because he plays for Olympiacos now and that he was offered to coach in summer league but he declined . Is that all he said or is there more ?
    Which article? Send me the link. There are a bunch of articles on that site.

Which article? Send me the link. There are a bunch of articles on that site.
    I dont know . I read at Serbian sport sites that Obradovic awnsered fans questions and they translated some , thats all I know .