Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You said he would be utter garbage and wouldn't last two weeks and I combated your ignorant and unfounded point with one of my own.

But now you mad
    I was wrong. I admitted that to chains. If you checked what I said you would have seen that. We discussed it and agreed that he could stay as the point guard in Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    FIBA World Championship and the Olympics are now rigged. They are no different than the NBA anymore. I won't even watch the Olympics basketball tournament next summer. It was a complete joke in 2008. The 2010 WC was the biggest disgrace I have ever seen in sports history.

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit of USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

Hell, the entire 2010 WC tournament was obviously predetermined. FIBA even got scared after the backlash, which was extreme because people were so angry.

At one time, these tournaments had meaning. They now have no meaning. It's just like watching WWE. It's not an actual sports competition.

I still like EuroBasket and Americas tournaments. They are still good and worth watching, but the other two have become completely unwatchable, rigged, scripted, fixed, hot garbage.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway. It's just a black mark on basketball now.

And what a strange coincidence that this all started after David Stern got control over the FIBA council appointments......what a strange and bizarre coincidence that is.
    Yeah they started being rigged after the US lost. And not one game before that.

The NBA isn't more powerful than the NFL and you mean to tell me that David Stern has all of European basketball in his pocket?

Dawg you need meds. STRONG meds.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway.
    Good luck with that. The Dream Team had more viewers than a little bit and they blew everyone out.

Yeah because you have given concrete facts to support your claims.

Rose led a team of taped and glued together parts with no real big men (relatively speaking) to a WC title over much more experienced and cohesive teams when you said he could not.

Rose is tons better than Bo McCalebb who has seen some Euro success.

1. LBJ
    2. D Wade
    3. Kobe

are better than any Euros you could pit against them.

agree or no.
    Rose is not better than McCalebb. In fact, I would take McCalebb over him easily.

LeBron? No. LeBron under NBA rules is debtable. But under Euroleague rules he would not even be near the best player there.

As far as Wade goes.....under NBA rules, he would be better than any Euroleague player. Under Euroleague rules though, I have my doubts. He struggled big time against the Mavs half zone, and that's with no hand check allowed and not being able to stay in the lane on D.

And looking at Dallas' roster, it would be really REALLY bad by Euroleague standards on defense. I would leave the jury out on Wade because maybe he just had a bad series.

LeBron on the other hand has consistently shown that he is simply incapable of playing against a zone defense and be some great player. He is just an above average player in that case.

Kobe................I'm not sure. First of all, Kobe did not play that great in 2008. Although he did hit the big shot against Spain, so he is unlike Wade and LeBron that can't close the deal against any good FIBA team.

However, that game was also rigged by the refs, who helped the US win. So what does it really matter?

I will say this. Kobe has all the skills and tools to have no problem in Euroleague at all. But he also has a tendency to really hog the ball big time and he also is not the same player he used to be. If it is the Kobe of last year?

If Kobe of last year is the new norm. If that is where he is now at, then NO. He would not be the best player in Euroleague. If it is old Kobe and he does not hog the ball, then yes, I will say he would be.

Last year's version of Kobe would not be the best player in Europe though.

And without any question, all of them would have much lower stats in Euroleague than they do in the NBA. MUCH LOWER.

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

If the NBA is a pansy league and the all the games are rigged then why waste your time man?

If you KNEW that FIBA would cheat in favor of the NBA then why would you support such a travesty?

If I felt like you I wouldn't watch a minute of ball.

Do you know how jaded and biased you sound?

"Team USA hasn't been in a fair game since the last time they were beaten"

Like I said, I won't be watching WC or the Olympics basketball anymore. I still like Americas and EuroBasket. The other two are just rigged now and not worth bothering with.

Rose is not better than McCalebb. In fact, I would take McCalebb over him easily.

LeBron? No. LeBron under NBA rules is debtable. But under Euroleague rules he would not even be near the best player there.

As far as Wade goes.....under NBA rules, he would be better than any Euroleague player. Under Euroleague rules though, I have my doubts. He struggled big time against the Mavs half zone, and that's with no hand check allowed and not being able to stay in the lane on D.

And looking at Dallas' roster, it would be really REALLY bad by Euroleague standards on defense. I would leave the jury out on Wade because maybe he just had a bad series.

LeBron on the other hand has consistently shown that he is simply incapable of playing against a zone defense and be some great player. He is just an above average player in that case.

Kobe................I'm not sure. First of all, Kobe did not play that great in 2008. Although he did hit the big shot against Spain, so he is unlike Wade and LeBron that can't close the deal against any good FIBA team.

However, that game was also rigged by the refs, who helped the US win. So what does it really matter?

I will say this. Kobe has all the skills and tools to have no problem in Euroleague at all. But he also has a tendency to really hog the ball big time and he also is not the same player he used to be. If it is the Kobe of last year?

If Kobe of last year is the new norm. If that is where he is now at, then NO. He would not be the best player in Euroleague. If it is old Kobe and he does not hog the ball, then yes, I will say he would be.

Last year's version of Kobe would not be the best player in Europe though.

And without any question, all of them would have much lower stats in Euroleague than they do in the NBA. MUCH LOWER.

Duh. The games are shorter.

Any of those players are better than Spanoulis and you know it...you just love the Euroleague--I get it.

Have a nice night man.

Like I said, I won't be watching WC or the Olympics basketball anymore. I still like Americas and EuroBasket. The other two are just rigged now and not worth bothering with.

I would have believed this if you weren't watching the WHOLE WC with us on ISh then decided to make this claim AFTER Spain lost.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    As I posted, you can't just say he'd get the same numbers in a normal team (team not made of NBA players where shots should be shared more equally than in common one).
    I know. But it was being claimed that he had good stats in 2010. He didn't. It was also claimed "he led them". No. That was Durant.

Besides that. The whole tournament was totally rigged and a joke. And USA would have never even beat Russia if the refs did not totally rig that game.

I agree with what you are saying. I'm just saying that citing Rose's play in 2010 summer as some way to prove he would beast in Euroleague is freaking nuts.

If anything, he hindered the US. And that was with the refs helping them in every game.

I would have believed this if you weren't watching the WHOLE WC with us on ISh then decided to make this claim AFTER Spain lost.

Pathetic.
    I don't give a damn what you think. Those last two world tournaments were rigged.

Now, EuroBasket has some rigged games (especially if Spain is playing) and the Olympics and WC have had some in the past also (including games where Team USA was helped by refs - semifinal 2000)

BUT, they were not completely into NBA territory of the tournament being pre-decided. Then, Stern took over who runs FIBA and magically, since then......

the last 2 tournaments were CLEARLY predetermined and the 2010 one was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any sport ever.

No serious person of any kind would watch those tournaments again.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 07:27 AM.

And you were wrong about the WC, you lied and ranted about how the NBA sucked and will lose against Spain's true zone, and when they didn't you made an excuse, tucked tail and left like a lil coward instead of taking your lumps.

Truth hurts.
    The tournament was rigged. Everyone knows it. Even you.

Good luck with that. The Dream Team had more viewers than a little bit and they blew everyone out.
    2008 Olympics basketball on men's side was extremely controversial in Europe and China. The last World Championship of FIBA for men was so controversial that FIBA officials were scared after the enormous backlash it caused.

Anyone that would even mention these tournaments is a joke. They were rigged without any question.

The only thing US has to worry about is if the back lash against FIBA was so strong that they know better than to try it again...at least for awhile.

The reaction to 2010 WC was so bad that they were very worried about the consequences of it. You never know. They just might not try to rig 2012 for fear of reprisal. If I were you, I would be worried about that.

It also probably explains why Stern is already floating the idea that NBA players would have to skip 2012 if the lockout persists. He might have gotten the memo that rigging it again would be going too far. Of course, that would immediately mean the US can't win gold, so best to just pull the NBA players from the tournament. Then go ahead and rig 2014.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 07:31 AM.

2008 Olympics basketball on men's side was extremely controversial in Europe and China. The last World Championship of FIBA for men was so controversial that FIBA officials were scared after the enormous backlash it caused.

Anyone that would even mention these tournaments is a joke. They were rigged without any question.

The only thing US has to worry about is if the back lash against FIBA was so strong that they know better than to try it again...at least for awhile.

The reaction to 2010 WC was so bad that they were very worried about the consequences of it. You never know. They just might not try to rig 2012 for fear of reprisal. If I were you, I would be worried about that.

It is also probably explains why Stern is already floating the idea that NBA players would have to skip 2012 if the lock persists. He might have gotten the memo that rigging it again would be going too far. Of course, that would immediately mean the US can't win gold, so best to just pull the NBA players from the tournament. Then go ahead and rig 2014.
    You've got it all figured out Lakas.

I don't give a dam what you think. Those last two world tournaments were rigged.

Now, EuroBasket has some rigged games (especially if Spain is playing) and the Olympics and WC have had some in the past also (including games where Team USA was helped by refs - semifinal 2000)

BUT, they were not completely into NBA territory of the tournament being pre-decided. Then, Stern took over who runs FIBA and magically, since then......

the last 2 tournaments were CLEARLY predetermined and the 2010 one was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any sport ever.

No serious person of any kind would watch those tournaments again.
    Yet you watched it all the way up to the last game and predicted that Spain's zone would baffle the US. Only AFTER Spain lost did you come up with this theory of yours.

Duh. The games are shorter.

Any of those players are better than Spanoulis and you know it...you just love the Euroleague--I get it.

Have a nice night man.
    8 minutes shorter. Big deal. The numbers would drop way more than the percentage of minutes. Besides that, most NBA players are sure the hell not playing 48 minutes.

If they played 40 minutes in Euroleague (which they might due to salary and hype and marketing) they would have MUCH LOWER numbers, even if they played all 40 minutes.

Spanoulis in Euroleague would be much better than Rose or LeBron. I'm not sure about the other two. But definitely he would be a better Euroleague player than Rose and LeBron would.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.

8 minutes shorter. Big deal. The numbers would drop way more than the percentage of minutes. Besides that, most NBA players are sure the hell not playing 48 minutes.

If they played 40 minutes in Euroleague (which they might due to salary and hype and marketing) they would have MUCH LOWER numbers, even if they played all 40 minutes.

Spanoulis in Euroelague would be much better than Rose or LeBron. I'm not sure about the other two. But definitely he would be a better Euroleague player than Rose and LeBron would.