Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Knick just wasting time with Woodson?

How would hiring a guy like hollins even in the middle of the season not be better than wasting the season by letting Woodson keep going?

Actually how is bringing in Rasheed Wallace as head coach not better than Woodson?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    How would hiring a guy like hollins even in the middle of the season not be better than wasting the season by letting Woodson keep going?

Actually how is bringing in Rasheed Wallace as head coach not better than Woodson?
    The ship is going down, makes no sense trading captains at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The ship is going down, makes no sense trading captains at this point.
    I think they are so cocky that they think they'll still make the playoffs and that's enough for the fans. And it prob will/is

this team is going nowhere

Knicks are now 21-40 and have lost 7 straight and 13 out of the last 15 games.

For you guys saying that we can't find a better coach than Woodson I'll ask you something: Can we find a worse coach ?
    Because it's really hard to play any worse than the Knicks have played this season.

It took all the way until maybe even last nights loss to the pistons to realize that this team was not going to the playoffs. I kept seeing a 16-4 stretch right now but damn how can you count any game as a win?

Facts are that sure this roster isn't complete but it is a playoff team and letting Woodson keep going was quitting on the season.

You just can't get away w a dumb coach coaching a dumb team.

Rasheed Wallace would be a better coach for this team than Woodson

Krust Kingz

Geez your going to fire a coach with a bad team to bring in who?

No legit coach is going to take over a team in the middle of a season.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with the high turnover at the GM position.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with the high turnover with personnel.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with possibly losing their job after 1 or 2 seasons.

No legit coach is going to want to deal with Dolan's Basketball infrastructure.

No legit coach is going to want to come deal with this talent less roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Knicks are now 21-40 and have lost 7 straight and 13 out of the last 15 games.

For you guys saying that we can't find a better coach than Woodson I'll ask you something: Can we find a worse coach ?
    Because it's really hard to play any worse than the Knicks have played this season.
    look no further than the players themselves.

Say what you will but Woodson has won alot of regular season games coaching his way, and has gotten those teams to where they were at best predicted in the playoffs.

Only thing different is the players arent performing on offense and defense.

JR is terrible on both ends as is felton and Shump.

Tyson has regressed as has pablo.

And the brains and true leaders of the team are no longer here.

woody may not be as good as you want him to be...but this team is not of NBA caliber.

So just because you're not sure you'll get someone better you'd let Woodson get away with all of this ?

That's like your car got broken and you say "Oh,I don't want to buy a new one,maybe it'll break as well".

THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO FIRE WOODSON.

So just because you're not sure you'll get someone better you'd let Woodson get away with all of this ?

That's like your car got broken and you say "Oh,I don't want to buy a new one,maybe it'll break as well".

I like your example and it relates perfectly.

The car is a piece of junk but a car cant drive itself.... but your blaming the driver for not being able to drive it safely and properly, when that drivers has been a decent one in every other car he's owned.

It's not the driver....it's the car.

Swap the car and if that driver cant drive that one, he needs to stop driving the car.

Woody is in the same boat as Doc Rivers was before the big three...team sucked fans wanted him gone.

Then better talent arrived and the rest was a title.

Upgrade the talent needs to happen regardless of the coach.

Krust Kingz

You can scream to the highest hills but it doesnt make sense. I explained on many levels why it wasnt going to happen and why it doesnt happen in the NBA. Only teams that do it are teams that tank or have decent or potential coach on the teams bench.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I like your example and it relates perfectly.

The car is a piece of junk but a car cant drive itself.... but your blaming the driver for not being able to drive it safely and properly, when that drivers has been a decent one in every other car he's owned.

It's not the driver....it's the car.

Swap the car and if that driver cant drive that one, he needs to stop driving the car.

Woody is in the same boat as Doc Rivers was before the big three...team sucked fans wanted him gone.

Then better talent arrived and the rest was a title.

Upgrade the talent needs to happen regardless of the coach.
    He isnt a good coach but talent does make coaches look better.

I agree it's all about talent. You can be a great coach but you can't do much with a team that's not talented.

That's not the case here. Knicks aren't enough talented to win the championship,heck they aren't even enough talented to get to the ECF.
    But they have enough talent to make the playoffs easily in the shitty East and Woodson has us waaaaay out of the playoffs.

Look at the Bulls. They are always depleted by injuries but they find a way to finish with a good record and be competitive in the playoffs.
    Then look at the Bobcats and Hawks for example. No way they have more talent the Knicks but they're still way ahead of us.

Woodson doesn't have the talent to make this team special,I agree with that. But he definitely has a team that should make the playoffs.

Exactly- he has a team that should make the playoffs. Yeah it's not a championship contender talent wise. But I have to think wood sons lack of ability at minimum has cost this team 6-8 games.

If they'd have switched to any coach willing to attempt to coach this team is looking at a last 20 game schedule that would allow the team to fit into a 4-6 seed and be a favorite to win in round 1

Krust Kingz

the knicks does have any coach. He is the middle of the pack coach because he doesnt have a system.

I think most coaches would struggle with this roster of characters. But a coach and GM would develop their players.

Good coaches dont grow on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Exactly- he has a team that should make the playoffs. Yeah it's not a championship contender talent wise. But I have to think wood sons lack of ability at minimum has cost this team 6-8 games.

If they'd have switched to any coach willing to attempt to coach this team is looking at a last 20 game schedule that would allow the team to fit into a 4-6 seed and be a favorite to win in round 1
    How does a team that doesnt defend and has a backcourt that cant score be a playoff team?

Sorry man, this team is doo-doo, if anything should have happened it should have been blown up right around that 20 game mark.