Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Default Re: "No triple-double for LeBron"

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    I strongly disagree. Any idiot will be able to tell you that a triple double highly transcends a 52-10-9 performance. It's not even close. Even Ricky Davis would be able to tell you that. Don't feign ignorance with us young man.
    I'm not arguing that there's no difference between a 50+ triple double and a 50+/10/9. I'm saying Kobe's game was better than either so it's irrelevant. It makes a difference to the level of Lebron's game, but it spurs no change in the ranking of the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Yet in 8 less minutes, Kobe managed to take more ft's and a few less shots.
    He also shot 20/20 from the FT Line, nearly breaking the record for most consecutive in one game. And he shot a higher percentage from the field by 10%. You're going to say he had a bad game because he made his shots, and so continued shooting?
    Last edited by barbaroi; 02-06-2009 at 05:31 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    he also shot 20/20 from the FT Line, nearly breaking the record for most consecutive in one game. And he shot a higher percentage from the field by 10%. You're going to say he had a bad game because made his shots, and so continued shooting?
    When did I say he had a bad game or took anything away from him?

I just mentioned that since the "less than 8 minutes" was brought up, and that's sorta misleading.

Thus me pointing out the number of shot attempts and fts that Kobe took, in 8 LESS minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    When did I say he had a bad game or took anything away from him?

I just mentioned that since the "less than 8 minutes" was brought up, and that's sorta misleading.

Thus me pointing out the number of shot attempts and fts that Kobe took, in 8 LESS minutes.
    Ya I shouldn't have said bad; I know you weren't arguing that. I should have said lesser game than Lebron. But still he managed to score more points in fewer minutes on a fewer amount of shots. And he made good on all of his FT attempts. Even though he had more attempts in fewer minutes atleast 6 of those attempts were knicks stopping an easy layup he'd have had.

Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

I hear the NBA is putting Lebron on suicide watch!

Made that high school varsity squad

Crab Rebound.

Banned

If you listen closely you can hear Kobe fans having a collective orgasm.

Isn't it still like 9 less points, but 9 more rebounds and 8 more assists? Still a better game.

I'm really starting to get sick and tired of all these Kobe c0ckriders. Lebron had a better game, there is no discussion. "Buh-buh, teh 8 minutes moarr!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DTD
    Crab Rebound.

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

They should do one of those "witness" commercials with this story and get Ricky Davis to participate. I can see "Which triple double was more lame" threads coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ScolaFan
    I hear the NBA is putting Lebron on suicide watch!

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    I'm really starting to get sick and tired of all these Kobe c0ckriders. Lebron had a better game, there is no discussion. "Buh-buh, teh 8 minutes moarr!!!"
    Even with 8 minutes(closer to 7 actually) more, I doubt Kobe dishes out 8 dimes and grabs 9 boards to come close to LeBron. Could he have scored 8 or so more points, sure. Still wouldn't change my mind that a 50/9/11 game > a 67/0/3 game. Those 11 dimes contributed an additional 22+points for the Cavs(idk how many of them, if any were treys).

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Ya I shouldn't have said bad; I know you weren't arguing that. I should have said lesser game than Lebron. But still he managed to score more points in fewer minutes on a fewer amount of shots. And he made good on all of his FT attempts. Even though he had more attempts in fewer minutes atleast 6 of those attempts were knicks stopping an easy layup he'd have had.
    I know what I'm about to post may sound like I'm diminishing Kobe's performance, but I won't do so intentionally.

But here's something to consider......

Bron also missed some easy layups and at least 2 "And1's."

Bron managed to get 50 pts and he WASN'T in the zone, and his shot is nowhere near Kobe's.

And he was doing this almost at ease as well, with the Knicks defenders anticipating a big game.

Think about that for a second.

Now.... Imagine if Bron improves his jumper slightly next season, just "slightly."

And then gets in the zone.

How long til that 61 gets beat?

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Even with 8 minutes(closer to 7 actually) more, I doubt Kobe dishes out 8 dimes and grabs 9 boards to come close to LeBron. Could he have scored 8 or so more points, sure. Still wouldn't change my mind that a 50/9/11 game > a 67/0/3 game. Those 11 dimes contributed an additional 22+points for the Cavs(idk how many of them, if any were treys).
    Actually if Kobe kept his pace, even in 7 more minutes he puts up about 13 more points. So 74/0/3 is at the very least equal to 50/9/11.