the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default how much money does the city of Dubai have? The police cars are Lamborghinis

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_c3

with only 420,000 citizens, the average net worth of them is $17 million

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: how much money does the city of Dubai have? The police cars are Lamborghinis

Lamborghini has done this before for different police agencies. They gave a murci to the italian police a couple of years ago and its primarily used as an organ transport vehicle.

Default Re: how much money does the city of Dubai have? The police cars are Lamborghinis

^ wow

Dubai has massive unsustainable debt levels, so I'm not sure why anyone would really want to live there.

First it is too ****ing hot and secondly they there is too much f'in traffic.

Also I think I've read something that they are looking to put air conditioning in some streets so they can attract tourist, that sounds insane and ridiculously costly to me.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Dubai has massive unsustainable debt levels, so I'm not sure why anyone would really want to live there.

First it is too ****ing hot and secondly they there is too much f'in traffic.

Also I think I've read something that they are looking to put air conditioning in some streets so they can attract tourist, that sounds insane and ridiculously costly to me.
    On top of that, reading about all the human rights violations and how the entire city was basically built by slave labor has really changed my view of Dubai.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i've also heard of people getting arrested and thrown in jail for years for having a flake of weed on their shoes.

I can't think of a single reason why I would ever want to go there.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    On top of that, reading about all the human rights violations and how the entire city was basically built by slave labor has really changed my view of Dubai.
    from what I was told they use Indian people in the same way that the US uses illegals from Mexico to build everything for us...they are just really low paid

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    from what I was told they use Indian people in the same way that the US uses illegals from Mexico to build everything for us...they are just really low paid
    the difference is that only 18% of residents are citizens. Indians there run businesses, but have to have a citizen partner who owns 51% of their business, even if they do nothing. Its a pretty terrible place when you get underneath the glitzy surface.

I can never go there even if I wanted because I was born in Israel. I have a few Saudi friends that live in Dubai on and off, from what I hear, Indians, no matter how successful, are treated pretty badly over there. A six year old khaleeji can slap a full grown Indian man in the face and not be in the wrong, is the example I was given...