Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Wiggins was terrible in the last 7 mins of the Florida game. Aside from his rebounding (which is elite for a wing at this level) he didn't try to attack at all down the stretch. Really disappointed me.
    he had 3 threes in a row and made some free throws in the end ( 8-8 in the game )
    what do you expect him to do, dunk over everybody?

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    he had 3 threes in a row and made some free throws in the end ( 8-8 in the game )
    what do you expect him to do, dunk over everybody?
    Not to mention the one time he did attack the basket he was massacred by two Florida players and they didn't call the foul.

Wiggins was terrible in the last 7 mins of the Florida game. Aside from his rebounding (which is elite for a wing at this level) he didn't try to attack at all down the stretch. Really disappointed me.

lol, the only time he did anything was at the end. he ran down the court and made consecutive NBA range 3's with dudes in his face. what game were you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Not to mention the one time he did attack the basket he was massacred by two Florida players and they didn't call the foul.

Yup. would've been a 4 point game with a minute left if the refs had noticed him getting fvcking whacked by that dude on FL. one of the worst no calls I've ever seen.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I think Arizona is going to lose today, just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    I think Arizona is going to lose today, just a hunch.
    looked like it for a second but nice comeback. Arizona just too much inside for Michigan.

UK v UNC gonna be interesting. Don't really like either teams but going with the underdogs here.

Willie Cauly-Stein looks like Sisqo right now.

The officiating in college basketball is becoming atrocious. Seriously if they are going to call games like this move foul limit to 6. This Kentucky/UNC game is called ridiculous. And so was the Zona/Michigan game. Not just these two, the games I've watched its irked me how they call games.

Am I the only one? Maybe its me.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    The officiating in college basketball is becoming atrocious. Seriously if they are going to call games like this move foul limit to 6. This Kentucky/UNC game is called ridiculous. And so was the Zona/Michigan game. Not just these two, the games I've watched its irked me how they call games.

Players have to adjust to the "no hands rule". They are trying to raise scoring. I hate it. This will remove the "physical" player.

And the mystery season continues. Of course I actually felt like UNC stood a chance today. Still can't quite figure them out, and being an atrocious FT shooting team will be their undoing at some point, but somehow they went 3-0 through the Louisville/Michigan State/Kentucky gauntlet.

In the past, those just wouldn't be called and it resulted in turnovers and missed field goals.

The college product will be better after they adjust, like tanks said.

Good win. Best game from McAdoo in a long while, Paige is an all-american, and we have the worst free throw shooting team ever.

looked like it for a second but nice comeback. Arizona just too much inside for Michigan.

UK v UNC gonna be interesting. Don't really like either teams but going with the underdogs here.

gotta hand it to UNC, they seem to play really well when the lights shine brightest this year. What a weird season they are having. Who knows how it ends anymore.

I've never been this confused by a UNC team. They start a 3* freshman PG in Britt, (granted he sort of plays off-guard some, too), a SF who's a sub-40% FT shooter and, really, can't shoot a lick outside of dunks and layups, a wildly inconsistent forward who was supposed to be a stud, and rotate two sophomores and a freshman in the frontcourt, none of which are necessarily guaranteed NBA players or anything. On top of all that, UNC plays two walk-ons and doesn't have an prototypical, eligible SG on the team right now; in fact, they really only have one player currently on the team that you'd trust shooting the ball outside of 15 feet and only one or two reliable FT shooters. I mean this team has some MAJOR deficiencies. It's arguably the least talented, unbalanced UNC team Roy has ever had, yet they're 7-2 and have wins over the preseason #1, #2, and #3 teams in the country.

Yet, last seasons team with unarguably more talent, didn't even have one win as good as any of UNC's three wins against Louisville, Michigan State, and Kentucky this year. To top it off (IGOTACOOLSTORY has already mentioned this) UNC has looked as bad as I've ever seen a Roy Williams UNC team look in almost every other game of the season that wasn't against a big time opponent. From the second half of the Oakland game on, save the UNCG game, they've looked pretty damn awful more often than not against the mid-majors on their schedule.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-14-2013 at 10:14 PM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

yes its quite ridiculous .. the foul on mcgary cost the game when nick johnson was driving.

Most of the fouls called are actual fouls to the rule. Stop hand checking. That McGary foul was just a bad call, but it happens. Human error, or whatever, with the most unfortunate timing.

@KG: I think the most interesting aspect to this team is that they win in different ways.

Louisville was mostly Roy flat out-coaching Pitino, who refused to stop pressing us. Meeks killed them with his outlets. Thankfully Paige was unconscious most of the game and we got good minutes out of Brice and Britt. But Pitino's reluctance to change up his defense was their downfall.

MSU was beating Izzo at his own game. The team crashed the glass, scored off of second chance points, grabbed most of the 50/50 balls, and played physical defense. Nice effort from JP this time, as well as Brice, Meeks, and Britt again. When will Izzo learn that you can't outrun a Roy Williams team?

This win over UK was defense, more than anything. The Harrison twins killed us in the second half, but Roy's mixture of zone and taking Randle completely out of the game was a major contributing factor to the win. Unlike in the MSU game, I thought UK owned us on the glass. Second chance points (as well as free throws for both teams) was the main reason they stayed close. This time McAdoo showed up, with JP, Brice, and Paige again.

So what's common in the three games?

--Coaching adjustments. Stubborn Roy making adjustments?!? Explained above.

--Good guard play. An aggressive Britt is a impacting Britt. Paige was superman for 1/2 of the 3 games. Not surprising since college is a guard's game.

--Brice Johnson. Is he not our most consistent offensive player? Paige is our best and most explosive, but he disappeared for about a game's worth in the 3 ranked wins. Brice has yet to have a bad game. Offensively, that is. And I think he's a much better defender than given credit for this year. Other than McAdoo, who in the post has clearly been a better defensive player this season? Next Danny Green or PJ Hairston... Although this time I don't have a problem with that guy coming off the bench, for the sake of McAdoo's game and having something which resembles bench scoring. His role resembles more closely to Marvin Williams', except on a much less talented basketball team.

--A third option. Rather if it's Tokoto, McAdoo, or Meeks. Someone needs to step up offensively besides Paige and Brice.

That's basically all I see with my amateur eye. Had foul trouble against UK and Louisville. UK beat us up on the glass. Turnovers were about even in the MSU and Louisville games. Shot poorly from the line against UK, and sort of against Lousville. Shot horribly from 3 in all the games. One game was neutral, other was a true road, and the other was a true home game.

I'm highly interested in the Texas matchup. Even if this is supposed to be a bad Texas team (which is 9-1, btw), Rick Barnes' teams almost always out physical Roy's squads. They usually kill us on the glass and physically beat us down. Should be an interesting test.

That game, and in conference against UVA, Cuse, and dook. UVA is more than likely going to force us to play in the halfcourt all game. They have to better UNC teams. I have no idea how we score against Cuse's zone. I see blowout, and it's a road game. dook because of their small lineup. Can McAdoo guard Jabari on the perimeter? Going to need Meeks and Brice to kill them in the paint. Hopefully we at least have Leslie back by then.

Anyway... Needless to say, I'm more excited about the season now than I was two weeks ago.