Default Re: Any Macbook owners?

I suppose I

[QUOTE=andgar923]I suppose I

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Awesome, thanks man!

I just bootcamped my Mac but I find the accessibility of a Mac much more conducive to my work life/habits. Currently installing all these apps.
    Drag and drop is superior than Windows from the last Windows version (haven’t used 8 extensively however).

OS X’s apps for the most part can all be used in unison as they work with each other seamlessly, dragging and dropping sharing files is really easy. Previewing a file with quicklook makes things a breeze, and of course expose and launch center lets you see all of your workspaces.

Speaking of workspaces, it’s the best way to be organized. It creates a great workflow environment by reducing clutter and making it easy to switch back and forth.

The finder has been fixed so tags and and window tabs make it more functional.

There are other apps and tricks that make one’s workflow and use in general more fluid. Shortcuts are customizable and with Mavericks you can create phrases that are added. For instance, if you hate to input your address all you need to do is create shortcut key commands so instead of inputing your entire address all you need to do is type “hh” (just an example).

There’s also actions that you can create templates for with ‘Automator'. If there’s certain tasks that you tend to repeat a workflow template can be created to make it easier for you.

I’m just scratching the surface, let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by andgar923; 11-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.

[QUOTE=andgar923]Drag and drop is superior than Windows from the last Windows version (haven

Haven't updated to Mountain Lion, still on Lion just too used to it. I'm on a MacBook pro late 2011 version, would upgrading to Maverick slow my system down? Tags and tags in finder are such a simple improvement but for that alone I will upgrade. Also the functionality (shortcuts for instance like you mentioned) seems to be much improved, more gestures which I love.

Also, I back up my drive almost every day. If i upgrade will it wipe my HD clean? Not a big issue, but to get my stuff back would I use Time Machine to put it all back once Maverick is installed?
    Your Macbook does support Mavericks, it

A new site for app recommendations for both iOS and OS X:
    http://thesweetsetup.com

I also recommend one app that will transform the way you browse Safari, this is a MUST!!!

Nextab http://nextab.chicheng.me/

Extremely useful app to use Safari, you'll wonder why you didn't install it sooner. It's multi touch gestures that allow you to do things such as reload an app, open new tab, close current tab, switch between tabs all in one simple and very precise motion... must must get.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    A new site for app recommendations for both iOS and OS X:
    http://thesweetsetup.com

I also recommend one app that will transform the way you browse Safari, this is a MUST!!!

Nextab http://nextab.chicheng.me/

Extremely useful app to use Safari, you'll wonder why you didn't install it sooner. It's multi touch gestures that allow you to do things such as reload an app, open new tab, close current tab, switch between tabs all in one simple and very precise motion... must must get.
    andgar you use safari? thought chrome was better? i find safari kinda sluggish

do you use a MacBook or an iMac?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i think chrome is bit quicker than safari but i haven't used safari in well over a year now.

I recently got a high end Windows laptop for some things I need to do with work and it only made me appreciate my Macbook more. From the size and functionality touchpad, the uninstall/install methods, the placement of certain keys, the display...everything just flows/fits so much better.

Made the switch to Mac 4.5 years ago and don't intend on switching back.

I used to use Chrome, then I switched to Sleipnir but I always kept using Safari on a partial basis. Safari was a mess a few versions ago, rarely opened it but it started to improve. I liked Chrome's speed and plugin options (although I only had 2) but I fell in love with Sleipnir's multi touch gestures, really changed the way I browsed the net. As I mentioned, I always had Safari open on a part time basis because it was 'smooth' as hell. Aside from flash it started to become good again.

I installed Mavericks and Nextab and it was over..... Safari became my main/default browser.

There's enough extensions for Safari (if you need them... I only have 3 installed) but the new Safari is fast, smooth, doesn't crash or give me issues with the auto loading (like in past versions), but combined with the extra extensions and nextab I don't see myself going back to anything else.

it syncs my bookmarks with my iPhone better than before, it uses less RAM, it plays HTML5 files like butter, but it conserves my battery more efficiently than the other browsers do (when not plugged in). It's also perhaps the most elegant behind Sleipnir (close 2nd). And when you're staring at it for hours a day, it tends to matter (at least for me).

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i think chrome is bit quicker than safari but i haven't used safari in well over a year now.
    give it another shot, the new Safari for Mavericks is blazing fast. Noticeably faster than any other browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I recently got a high end Windows laptop for some things I need to do with work and it only made me appreciate my Macbook more. From the size and functionality touchpad, the uninstall/install methods, the placement of certain keys, the display...everything just flows/fits so much better.

Made the switch to Mac 4.5 years ago and don't intend on switching back.
    Because that's how it was designed, something OEM and WinOS isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I used to use Chrome, then I switched to Sleipnir but I always kept using Safari on a partial basis. Safari was a mess a few versions ago, rarely opened it but it started to improve. I liked Chrome's speed and plugin options (although I only had 2) but I fell in love with Sleipnir's multi touch gestures, really changed the way I browsed the net. As I mentioned, I always had Safari open on a part time basis because it was 'smooth' as hell. Aside from flash it started to become good again.

I installed Mavericks and Nextab and it was over..... Safari became my main/default browser.

There's enough extensions for Safari (if you need them... I only have 3 installed) but the new Safari is fast, smooth, doesn't crash or give me issues with the auto loading (like in past versions), but combined with the extra extensions and nextab I don't see myself going back to anything else.

it syncs my bookmarks with my iPhone better than before, it uses less RAM, it plays HTML5 files like butter, but it conserves my battery more efficiently than the other browsers do (when not plugged in). It's also perhaps the most elegant behind Sleipnir (close 2nd). And when you're staring at it for hours a day, it tends to matter (at least for me).
    I'm curious as to why you chose Sleipnir over Opera. I find Opera to be the best Mac browser. Safari is alright (finally), but Sleipnir doesn't have a lot of things I need or didn't 6-8 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm curious as to why you chose Sleipnir over Opera. I find Opera to be the best Mac browser. Safari is alright (finally), but Sleipnir doesn't have a lot of things I need or didn't 6-8 months ago.
    Once I started to use the multi touch gestures it was over. You can also group tabs into different categories if you want to keep things organized. I also like that you get sort of an RSS update when you open up a tab.

I haven't tried Opera in years, I may go check it out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Just checked out Opera, no multi touch gestures, although it does have some nice features.