Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Beal

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Default Re: Brad Beal

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    No.

I have a feeling that Charlotte will end up with either Thomas Robinson or Andre Drummond.
    Doubt they take Drummond. They have Bismack. Can't afford to take such a risk.They need some scoring. I would not be surprised if they went Harrison Barnes, but I think they will go with MKG.

T Rob is a good pick IMO. His real only set back is his height. But with his rebounding ability, energy and soft touch around the rim, he is a great prospect for a struggling team. He can also hit the jumper which a lot of 4s out of college cannot do. It will only get better/more consistent.

I'm hoping for Beal or MKG. MKG's last name would look nice on the back of a Cavs jersey.

Banned

wow i originally thought brad beal was just a shooter and was really unathletic. but then i saw this video of him in high school and am shocked lol. his dunking sort of reminds me of russell westbrook

watch 2:10
    4:20
    4:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udegP44DwSA&hd=1
    Last edited by dbk123; 06-05-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    fixed

Now on topic

Do you guys think Charlotte should pick him @ 2? A kemba and beal back court could be as bad as curry's and ellis' but this team needs scoring badly
    No.

At #2 you better be sure you're getting a guy who is going to be a solid pro, who can weather the growing pains and still be productive while learning the NBA game.

That's MKG. He can do enough to help the team while he's developing as an NBA scorer. I don't see that in Beal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    No.

At #2 you better be sure you're getting a guy who is going to be a solid pro, who can weather the growing pains and still be productive while learning the NBA game.

That's MKG. He can do enough to help the team while he's developing as an NBA scorer. I don't see that in Beal.
    On the flip side, Charlotte is absolutely desperate for a guy who can score. Don't get me wrong, I love MKG and how he hustles his ass on every play and is a very versatile defender. However, he was the 4th/5th option (at best 3rd) on the UK team, didn't show much offensive versatility- a lot of his offense was getting down low versus smaller guys from what I've seen, and his shot is absolutely horrendous. Who knows how long it'll take for MKG to develop an offensive repertoire or if he'll ever even develop one.

Only problem is, a lot of the scoring guys in Beal or Lamb aren't worth the 2nd pick either.

Personally, I think they'd be better served either trading down for multiple first round picks this year or taking Robinson.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I just re-watched the florida vs UK game, holy shit brad beal is going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

Personally, I think they'd be better served either trading down for multiple first round picks this year or taking Robinson.
    Don't disagree. But if we're discussing selecting a player in that slot, I believe MKG is by far the safest choice. As you noted, his hustle and defensive ability will keep him on the court while he figures out his offense. I would disagree that he doesn't have enough offense to make it at the next level. Being the 3rd option on a team of 1st round draft picks is a bit deceptive.

I wouldn't take Robinson at #2 either. He's Drew Gooden imo.
    Last edited by JMT; 06-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

To me I see a Mitch Richmond/Eric Gordon type player in Brad Beal

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    NBAdraftnet post I found Interesting from a respected poster there.

"He's not as explosive, strong or athletic as Eric Gordon, and he does not create as well off the bounce. Gordon was getting to the line almost 9 times a game at Indiana, and he's much more of an off-ball player. Beal also doesn't seem to be as polished as Gordon as a scorer, especially in terms of how ready he is to step into an NBA scoring role. Gordon was a 15 ppg scorer immediately, I do not think Beal will be that kind of scorer early, especially not as efficiently as Gordon did it (45% his 1st 2 years). Beal reminds me of a Michael Redd more than Eric Gordon. I just dont see the explosiveness in Beal that I saw in Gordon at Indiana or in the NBA."
    Thank you someone who watches basketball. Both Beal and Barnes are vastly overrated. I can't believe either are top 10 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0
    Thank you someone who watches basketball. Both Beal and Barnes are vastly overrated. I can't believe either are top 10 picks.
    so whats your top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    so whats your top 10?
    This should be good

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm hoping for Beal or MKG. MKG's last name would look nice on the back of a Cavs jersey.
    all i see in MKG is jeff green and maybe a little better than alonzo gee

gee averaged 10 and 5 last year and will improve, and he has already proved himself in the NBA

barnes or beal.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    all i see in MKG is jeff green and maybe a little better than alonzo gee

gee averaged 10 and 5 last year and will improve, and he has already proved himself in the NBA

barnes or beal.
    You HOPE Gee will improve. There is no draft on Earth where Gee goes over MGK.

Good college starter

Bob Finnan: Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal said he measured 6-4 today. Also, UConn's Andre Drummond said he lost 22 pounds Twitter

Beal is meeting with #Cavs today. He said he has heard they're are interested in him, but he hasn't had any communication with them until now. "I'd love to play with Kyrie Irving," he said. Sulia

Jason Lloyd: Beal is promoting himself as a combo guard, which is interesting. Part of it could be height stigma. Most see him as strictly a 2. Twitter

Jason Lloyd: Bradley Beal said he measured in officially this morning at 6-4. If that's true, it's bigger than quite a few people were expecting. Twitter
    Last edited by idizzle; 06-07-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You HOPE Gee will improve. There is no draft on Earth where Gee goes over MGK.

they are virtually the same except gee has proven himself

great defense
    both the same height
    both struggle with their shot
    both can get inside
    both have alot of athleticism

MKG is not worth the second pick... andre iguodala ceiling