Page 113 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2288
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Where's iseenhippos? Good win for you guys.
    He's been MIA for quite some time. No idea what happened to him.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

The best point guard in the Big Ten was in the building last night and it wasn't Kalin Lucas. Man, I wish I'd been there last night. My dad said it was easily the loudest it's been since the Wake Forest game.

Just watched a TV special on Ben "Benji" Wilson from Simeon, shot and killed before his senior year. Committed to Illinois. Had never heard of him before this show. Nick Anderson wore #25 to honor him and Derrick Rose did the same in HS.

I'm sure all of you already know this Just thought the story was pretty cool since I'd never heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFIt68DOl0c

McCamey is feeling it and that is the only reason we are even close. He has hit some ridiculous 3 pointers. We need to get everyone else involved, mainly Davis and Richardson to remain in this. Tisdale also playing very well. Only McCamey, Tisdale, and Griffey have scored in the 1st and we are within 2.

This is turning out to be a pretty good game to watch. Not a grind it out type of game at all. Both teams are shooting very well. Go Illini!

Wow, if we can hit our FTs and avoid turnovers this is going to be a HUGE win. How often does Wisconsin lose at home?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Wow, if we can hit our FTs and avoid turnovers this is going to be a HUGE win. How often does Wisconsin lose at home?
    Like never. First time in 10 years they've lost at home to an unranked Big 10 opponent, first time for Bo Ryan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Just watched a TV special on Ben "Benji" Wilson from Simeon, shot and killed before his senior year. Committed to Illinois. Had never heard of him before this show. Nick Anderson wore #25 to honor him and Derrick Rose did the same in HS.

I'm sure all of you already know this Just thought the story was pretty cool since I'd never heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFIt68DOl0c
    Actually, he hadn't committed to Illinois, though most thought he was going to. It was either going to be us or DePaul...odds are he would have gone to Illinois but unfortunately we'll never know. One of the great basketball tragedies ever. He would've been one of the greats. I mean...Len Bias was a tragedy but he did that to himself. Benji did nothing to deserve what happened to him.

On a happier note....what an enormous win. I have absolutely no respect for the way Wisconsin plays basketball and beating them on their home court- which only Illinois has done with any kind of frequency the last few years- is so much fun.

Demetri McCamey is ending whatever doubt there may have been about his status as an elite Big Ten player.

Quick tidbit. As of tonight's games, Demetri has more assists than any other major-conference player and is in a virtual tie with John Wall for highest assist per game average; Wall's averaging 6.44 a game and Demetri's averaging 6.40.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

McCamey has impressed me a ton so far in these big games.

It's almost hard to believe we're tied for first with still a fairly young team. With a win Sunday at home, it would be an incredible 8 days of wins against ranked opponents. It should all but end the doubt of missing the tournament.

If we win on Sunday, that would be one of the most remarkable three-game turnarounds from "likely on the wrong side of the bubble"* to "lock" turnarounds in recent memory.

*I put the asterisk because even though Lunardi had us as the last team in as of Saturday morning, I suspect that may have been just to get the Gameday crowd in Champaign to go nuts. It worked.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Bad. Bad. Bad.

Yeah, not much else to say. Tremendous ball movement and lights-out shooting, and we couldn't get anything going against their 1-3-1 trap. Disappointing to say the least, but I'm pretty sure Ohio State's the best team in the league.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

jesus didn't know there were this many Illini fans here...

anyways

Quick question.

IS McCamey gonna go to the draft or play out his senior year?

he has been ballin it up of late and has impressed many...

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    jesus didn't know there were this many Illini fans here...

anyways

Quick question.

IS McCamey gonna go to the draft or play out his senior year?

he has been ballin it up of late and has impressed many...
    No one knows for sure, but my money is on him testing the draft waters, but ultimately coming back for his senior year. He is the most important player on this team and Illinois will not be nearly as good without him on the team next year.